    on WMP9 but played flawlessly (and beautifully) on Winamp 5. Weird, but ah
    well.

    Nevertheless, it's well worth the look if you're into this kind of thing.

    Lebowski, Jan 11, 2004

  2. Nice, currently pulling them at 40kbytes/s

    T.N.O. - Dave.net.nz, Jan 11, 2004

  3. Lebowski

    bambam Guest

    Geez Louise, I can only imagine what it must be like to download a
    114mb file to watch a video clip.

    Dialupper. ;o)

    bambam, Jan 11, 2004

  4. Weird?

    DrDivx must've transcoded from Windows Media 9 into a smaller file and lost
    quality in the process.

    Nathan Mercer, Jan 13, 2004
  5. Lebowski

    Lebowski Guest

    No, the weird thing was it played perfect with Winamp, but not with WMP9
    (it's 'native' program). That's the wmv file I'm talking about. What I did
    with Dr DivX is convert the 114mb wmv file into a 19mb DivX file, that one
    palys fine on WMP and whatever other players around. Divx is not too taxing
    on a cpu. My issue was with this new High-definition wmv format and how it
    strangely played ok on Winamp yet choppy with WMP. A

    Ah well, I'll wait til the 3.8ghz processors come out and I won't have any
    problems playing these files with any program *grins*

    Lebowski, Jan 13, 2004
  6. Lebowski

    Lebowski Guest

    Oh God, my fingers went walkabout with regards to typing misdemeanours
    there. Just what this group needs - another Spelling Bee klutz :-((

    Lebowski, Jan 13, 2004