High CPU process load on 3640 Router

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by hari, Sep 26, 2004.

  1. hari

    hari Guest

    Hi

    I have 3640 Router with 4 FE interface

    NetApp----FE0/0----|

    |-------FE3/0---Connected to Internet back bone
    Clients----FE1/0---|

    iam using WCCP to redirect http traffic to NETAPP cache server

    the Client usage will be approximatly 12MBPS

    when i connect this load to this Router
    the Router process goes to 100%
    and iam not able to access the Router to access and see what is the problem

    i get a chance to see show process cpu, i see 100%
    what is the problem
    how can solve it

    is 3640 can not handle 12mb of load ?

    hari

    hari, Sep 26, 2004

  2. hari

    Peter Guest

    Hi hari,
    It sounds to me like you are process switching all traffic, not fast
    switching it. Check that "ip route-cache" is enabled on each interface.

    Regards............Peter.

    Peter, Sep 26, 2004

  3. A 3640 of mine handels approx. 10mb with an avg. load of 35%. I have
    enabled "ip cef" on that router.

    HTH,
    Alexander

    Alexander Apathy, Sep 26, 2004
  4. hari

    Hansang Bae Guest

    Do you have "ip route-cache same-interface" turned on?

    --

    hsb

    Hansang Bae, Oct 5, 2004