    have you idea how to solve this problem?

    thanks in advance,

    Paolo

    Paolo Bresi, Apr 4, 2005

  2. :as VPN server i use windows 2000 server. it works great, but unfortunately
    :it shows all hosts in my LAN. i have different kinds of VPN users. some
    :users should see only one host/server into the LAN. other users can see
    :everything.
    :have you idea how to solve this problem?

    Sorry, this is not a general newsgroup about firewalls, such as
    comp.security.firewalls -- this is a newsgroup for Cisco
    equipment, including [along with routers and switches] Cisco's
    VPN servers, Cisco's PIX firewall line, and Cisco's IOS IPSec
    implementations. Solutions to Windows 2000 as a firewall -server-
    are generally beyond the expertise of this newsgroup. You might
    get lucky and have someone here -happen- to know, but you might
    also not get a response for a few years...

    If you were working with Cisco's security products, then there
    would be a couple of approaches you could use. One would be to
    use different vpn groups for each of the kinds of users; each vpn
    group has its own ACL assigned. Another approach within Cisco's
    products would be to use "downloadable ACLs" from a RADIUS server.

    I have no informaiton as to whether Windows 2000 VPN server supports
    anything remotely close to the approaches you would take with Cisco.

    Walter Roberson, Apr 4, 2005