hi...iam a student from nit warangal india plz help me in linux encrypted file system project...

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by softsubbu.opensource, Mar 21, 2007.

  1. Hi,
    thanks for sparing some time with my mail.

    i want to add some cryptographic features to file system

    i studied fs source code in linux.[ i mean what are functions in it.
    what they will do..]

    i thought that..
    when vfs_write() calls the actual file system call ..

    in that vfs_write() if i add a call to my encrypted function...
    work is over...

    is it correct???

    iam working in redhat linux version 2.4
    i find generic_file_write() function called by all every file system

    is it that vfs_write() function

    how to register new file system....
    some documents on google telling that call "register_filesystem" how
    to do that??

    softsubbu.opensource, Mar 21, 2007

  2. softsubbu.opensource

    Au79 Guest

    Wrong Newsgroup. Find a newsgroup specific to Linux and Linux programming
    issues.

    Au79, Mar 21, 2007

  3. Some guy asks for help with Linux and the biggest Linux-troll in Usenet
    tries to chase him off. Why didn't you tell him to switch to Vista?

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Mar 21, 2007
  4. softsubbu.opensource

    Au79 Guest

    I directed him to the proper Linux help ng. I doubt that you would have had
    the right answer to his problem.

    Au79, Mar 22, 2007