    default vlan
    what is the diffrent about that ?
    I'm so confused about that.

    PS2 gamer, May 28, 2004

  2. PS2 gamer

    Ivan Ostres Guest

    In article <c96e3r$e2u$>, says...
    > hi.
    > I am wondering if someone know that the different of native vlan and
    > default vlan
    > what is the diffrent about that ?
    > I'm so confused about that.

    Actually, the only similar thing is that both have word 'vlan' in ther
    names :).

    No, seriously:

    Native VLAN is a VLAN on which packets are not tagged with ISL or dot1q
    and you can have one on trunk links.

    Default VLAN is a VLAN in which are switchports by default (if you do not
    change their VLAN assignement).

    --Ivan.

    Ivan Ostres, May 28, 2004