hey guys

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Cephus®, Sep 24, 2004.

  1. Cephus®

    Cephus® Guest

    Wanna a free ipod?

    This might be considered spam (usually lurk in here), but I seen this
    somewhere and decided to participate and thought maybe you guys might be
    interested.

    http://www.freeipods.com/default.aspx?referer=9578395

    sign up and do a free trial, cancel it and get 5 people to do the same thing
    and you get a free ipod. I did it this morning and the blockbuster thing
    took me five minutes to sign up for it, and then cancel it and I
    qualified...so I think it's neat.

    Like I said, it doesn't cost you anything, and apparantly it's legit:
    http://www.wired.com/news/mac/0,2125,64614,00.html

    so just thought I would pass it along, if not, oh well

    hope everyone has a great day!

    --
    ______________________
    ~Beau

    God, grant me the serenity
    to accept the things I cannot change;
    the courage to change the things I can;
    and the wisdom to know the difference.

    Cephus®, Sep 24, 2004

  2. Cephus®

    Jamco Guest

    hey, wanna make some money
    just send me some money, and you'll make millions?

    Deal?

    Jamco, Sep 24, 2004

  3. Cephus®

    tcg Guest

    | Wanna a free ipod?
    |
    | This might be considered spam (usually lurk in here), but I seen this
    | somewhere and decided to participate and thought maybe you guys might be
    | interested. <snip>

    Tracking Usenet spam.

    Cannot use path entry - too forgeable
    No source IP address found, cannot proceed.
    Nothing to do.

    tcg, Sep 24, 2004
  4. Cephus®

    WormWood Guest

    Ddid you really intend to repost the scam-spam in its' entirety?
    | hey, wanna make some money
    | just send me some money, and you'll make millions?
    |
    | Deal?

    <BIG SNIP>

    WormWood, Sep 25, 2004
  5. Cephus®

    samuel Guest

    samuel, Sep 25, 2004
  6. Cephus®

    xmp Guest

    Yep, looks like they posted off the free accounts at
    news.individual.net. You can cancel that account via abuse, but they'll
    be back with more.

    michael

    xmp, Sep 25, 2004
  7. Cephus®

    Cephus® Guest

    xmp said in a way to sound cool:
    I didn't realize that this was wrong...I just lurk here quite often and I
    thought you guys might want to participate...sorry if I offended anyone :)
    --
    ______________________

    Cephus®, Sep 25, 2004
  8. Either you didn't lurk very attentively or you're a liar. Every scam
    like this one gets LARTed.

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Sep 25, 2004
  9. I was walking down the street, minding my own business, when on Fri,
    There were some articles on the net about how this company hasn't
    given any of the iPods out. They claim it's Apple's fault because they
    have a big backlog on iPods and can't get them any. Who knew.....

    Dr. Harvie Wahl-Banghor, Sep 25, 2004
  10. Cephus®

    grayghost Guest

    <small snip>

    Yeah, I agree with you on that one WW... some people never learn :-\

    grayghost, Sep 26, 2004
  11. Cephus®

    Plato Guest

    There's a sucker born every second it seems.

    Plato, Sep 26, 2004