    Andre
    Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
    http://spaces.msn.com/members/adacosta

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Dec 16, 2005

  2. or instead of booting from the install media it was used
    to launch the install from with running system

    --
    Roger Abell
    Microsoft MVP (Windows Server : Security)

    Roger Abell [MVP], Dec 16, 2005

  3. humorous thread . . .

    I wonder if you get more lightning from that 100 lbs than I do
    from a lighter air-cooled dual

    anyway, I am wondering

    1 when the system(s) crap out on you it takes both at one swoop ?
    i.e. can boot 32 or 64, the while running 64 (?) something happens
    at which point neither are bootable ?? or is it not necessarily
    a simultaneous wipe-out of both ?

    2. event 1003 messages from what source ??? sce ??

    3. the blue screen of the 32 build probably points right at the problem
    if it were deciphered

    The stop messages you mention are characteristic of a driver problem,
    or of user mode code chasing a bad pointer into kernal space.

    Roger Abell [MVP], Dec 16, 2005
  4. wes40oz

    Colin Nowell Guest

    Why not? If it's good enough for German white wine.... hic! (oops! - did I
    just say that? ;-)

    Colin Nowell, Dec 16, 2005
  5. wes40oz

    Randy Guest

    Or possibly due to a hardware failure, maybe his system drive...
    I'd check the power and data cables, then do a full disk test on it
    (chkdsk /r or a 3rd party util)

    An overheating CPU will also give those symptoms... speaking from experience
    from the last Cyrix chip I used. :~P

    Randy, Dec 16, 2005
  6. wes40oz

    wes40oz Guest

    haha

    in light of the funny comments!

    it was a dead stick of ram. everything works fine now, after all the
    research done, saying it could be this or that, freakin ram go figure (this
    is after dismantling my whole computer for the most part)

    wes

    wes40oz, Dec 16, 2005
  7. wes40oz

    wes40oz Guest

    boot from cd not in windows ;)

    wes

    wes40oz, Dec 16, 2005
  8. wes40oz

    wes40oz Guest

    hahaa good point

    wes40oz, Dec 16, 2005
  9. wes40oz

    wes40oz Guest

    there is a kilowatt version of that power supply, hmm future upgrade? it
    does keep my room warm in the winter here in Colorado...

    haha

    wes

    wes40oz, Dec 16, 2005
  10. wes40oz

    John Barnes Guest

    If you are using it for heating, make sure to buy an inefficient model,
    otherwise you may end up generating less heat and using less electricity
    than with a cheap 400w model. Of course if you buy a cheap model and it
    fries the motherboard you could get to roast marshmallows once. :)

    John Barnes, Dec 16, 2005
  11. wes40oz

    wes40oz Guest

    haha

    man this post has gone on to a completly different tangent haha

    either way, thanks for every ones help and the laughs, made my day!

    wes

    wes40oz, Dec 16, 2005
  12. SCSI disk? (I assume so...)
    Type, driver rev?

    Johann Gamblepudding, Dec 19, 2005
  13. wes40oz

    Guest Guest

    10 years of experience and can´t figure it out it was the hardware inside the
    huge bucker.
    That is the biggest laugh what ever made my day!
    It was screaming for a hardwareproblem from the first place to everybody

    2nd: It wasn´t the german wine with the glycol, it was white wine from
    austria, you stump!

    Guest, Dec 23, 2005