    6. If you don't find any of these values, right click and add it
    yourself. Loads pages MUCH MUCH MUCH faster now!

    happy super fast speed tweak browsing =)

    Bryan Hamilton, Sep 27, 2004

  2. And where did you find that? Or how did you come up with that?

    Andreas

    Panjandrum -- http://www.bartleby.com/61/47/P0044700.html

    To contact me remove the NOSPAM

    Andreas, The Grande Panjandrum, Sep 27, 2004

  3. Bryan Hamilton

    .brian. Guest

    Do you even know what those settings are for?

    Also, if you are going to repeat someone else's information (the
    information you "found") you should at least identify the source. That
    enables people to read the original source...

    .brian., Sep 27, 2004
  4. Bryan Hamilton

    Pun Krocker Guest

    \prob - http://www.texturizer.net/firefox/tips.html

    --
    d[®_®]b PK

    interviewing people who can't talk
    for people who can't read."

    Pun Krocker, Sep 27, 2004
  5. Andreas, The Grande Panjandrum, Sep 27, 2004
  6. What about Mozilla? Does it have the same settings?

    Petrus Ali Saputra, Sep 28, 2004
  7. Bryan Hamilton

    Moz Champion Guest

    You have a UI in Mozilla for them (perhaps with the exception of the
    paint delay and maximum number of connections)

    Mozilla-->Preferences-->Advanced-->HTTP Networking

    enabling both pipelining settings here set both of the pipelining prefs
    to 'true'

    Note however that these will ONLY work on some pages and that there is a
    possibility that they will cause problems on some (assummed) outdated
    pages and/or networks. YMMV

    Moz Champion, Sep 28, 2004
  8. A fellow Op on efnet told me about it. i'm also an op on irc efnet

    anyway.. have fun with it. it's loads faster

    Bryan Hamilton, Sep 28, 2004
  9. well the source was an irc op.. so all i could do is qoute him.

    Bryan Hamilton, Sep 28, 2004
  10. yes i 1st tried it on mozilla 1.7.3 and it works great.. it also works
    with firefox

    Bryan Hamilton, Sep 28, 2004
  11. although it may cause troubles with other networks/websites whatever.. i
    have yet to come across this. i'm not saying it won't happen though

    Bryan Hamilton, Sep 28, 2004
  12. Bryan Hamilton

    Fr Jack Guest

    Thick question:

    I looked at all this and couldnt find a way to enter the new values -
    any clues/links to show how?
    --

    Cheers!
    Fr Jack

    Fr Jack, Sep 28, 2004
  13. Bryan Hamilton

    .brian. Guest

    Got ya. Just so you know though, pipelining does not work on all servers.

    .brian., Sep 28, 2004
  14. Andreas, The Grande Panjandrum, Sep 28, 2004
  15. Bryan Hamilton

    Reg Mouatt Guest

    Having done the about:config, simply right click in the list, select
    'new', type in whatever you have missing from the list but this is
    where my question comes in; Do you select then string, integer or
    boolean?
    Reg

    Reg Mouatt, Sep 28, 2004
  16. Boolean is for True or False entries
    integer is for entering numbers
    string is for entering other words

    Andreas, The Grande Panjandrum, Sep 28, 2004
  17. Bryan Hamilton

    Pun Krocker Guest

    Possibly safer to make up a user script in your profile dir, that way if
    you are not sure what you are doing you can easily edit/remove the user
    script rather than stuffing the main settings up !

    Info here:
    http://www.texturizer.net/firefox/edit.html#user

    Pun Krocker, Sep 28, 2004
  18. Bryan Hamilton

    Reg Mouatt Guest

    On Tue, 28 Sep 2004 15:59:03 +0100, Pun Krocker

    ............SNIP..........
    Thanks for that - I tend to fly by the seat of my pants which is not
    always the safest, I know. One lives and learns.
    Reg

    Reg Mouatt, Sep 28, 2004
  19. Bryan Hamilton

    Reg Mouatt Guest

    On Tue, 28 Sep 2004 07:17:26 -0700, "Andreas, The Grande Panjandrum "

    ........SNIP..........
    Thanks Andreas, have entered it as an integer but do notice that some
    'strings' have number values. Everything working OK though.
    Reg

    Reg Mouatt, Sep 28, 2004
  20. Bryan Hamilton

    russbucket Guest

    How do I delete one of the entries I made? I put a comma instead of a
    period. It will not let me modify or delete the
    network.http.proxy.pipelining from the list. I run mozilla under my ID and
    put the entries in that way. Do I need to be root to delete them? Can I
    edit about:mozilla and if so where do I find it?

    russbucket, Sep 28, 2004