Here we go again...

Discussion in 'Computer Security' started by ReTay, Sep 10, 2003.

  1. ReTay

    ReTay Guest

    ReTay, Sep 10, 2003

  2. Any guesses on how many major IT people still haven't patched their machines
    from the last attack.

    Robert R Kircher, Jr., Sep 11, 2003

  3. ReTay

    mto Guest

    mto, Sep 11, 2003
  4. ReTay

    Solbu Guest

    Solbu, Sep 12, 2003
  5. ReTay

    Leythos Guest

    Um, here is something you should see - the content of the links is NOT
    important, but look at the URL (SEE THE .ASP or .ASPX - that's not a
    Linux server):

    http://www.msnbc.com/news/960942.asp?cp1=1
    ^^^
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/ssafe/downloads/sp/default.asp
    ^^^
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx
    ^^^^
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-US;acc
    ^^^^
    http://www.microsoft.com/sql/ce/productinfo/sysreq.asp
    ^^^

    Who cares if they use a Linux (or any other) box to proxy the
    connections - it took me 15 seconds to see that they are running ASP and
    ASP.Net sites.

    The thing you should be seeing is that they are still running ASP sites
    - just goes to show how viable ASP/IIS is. If you consider all the
    people trying to take them down, with the thousands of ASP pages they
    have, I would say that it's doing quite well.

    Leythos, Sep 12, 2003
  6. ASP != Windows

    There is a ASP.NET server for unix, released by microsoft. Not to mention
    Mono.

    John Doggypoon, Sep 21, 2003
  7. ReTay

    Leythos Guest

    So, show us that those ASP and ASP.Net sites are running on Unix or Mono
    then. I write code on all the MS platforms, and Java platforms too... So
    you didn't tell us ANYTHING here we didn't already know.

    Leythos, Sep 21, 2003