    Dave J Guest

    Good to see a recommendation for Avast AV, I'm quite impressed with it
    so far.

    Dave J, Jun 28, 2004

  2. Conor

    Parish Guest

    Really? 'K' (or Message->Ignore Thread) and 'W' (or Message->Wach
    Thread) work just fine here. Also with a bit of CSS in userChrome.css
    you can even show watched threads with unread in a different colour
    (since the 'watched' icon doesn't stand out too well).

    Parish

    Parish, Jun 28, 2004

  3. Conor

    Zebedee Guest

    Same argument (traditional banks are better than bogus internet banks) plus
    some additional incentives for people to use real banks instead of these
    bogus banks.

    --
    Yours

    Zebedee

    (Claiming asylum in an attempt
    to escape paying his debts to
    Dougal and Florence)

    Zebedee, Jun 28, 2004
  4. Conor

    JAD Guest

    wells Fargo traditional---wells Fargo on the net....WTF are you
    babbling about? been using my bank online for 5 years. never had one
    single incident of fraud or hooliganism. you need a head adjustment.

    JAD, Jun 28, 2004
  5. Conor

    Tx2 Guest

    Same 'confused' argument .... you've now introduced "bogus banks" into
    the equation. Are you suggesting internet banks are "bogus"?

    I use a traditional 'high street' bank (HSBC) that also happens to offer
    online banking facilities via the Internet. I use both methods to do my
    business, whichever is most convenient (invariably Internet banking)

    Which category does your somewhat odd argument now fit me into?

    What if i use a cash machine in the street, does that place me in yet
    another type of 'user category'?

    I don't think you actually have an argument, just a poorly thought out
    opinion.

    </eot afaic>

    Tx2, Jun 28, 2004
  6. Conor

    Zebedee Guest

    Whatever your trolling is about, I'm not going to open any dicky internet
    accounts. I keep business secure and with banks. If we lived in a reasonable
    society where was was permitted by law to defend oneself and one's property
    properly then my spare cash would be in my house, not in a bank.

    Zebedee, Jun 28, 2004
  7. Conor

    JAD Guest

    the definition where your at, of a troll, is anyone who has an
    alternate opinion. Your an old hippie who doesn't know if he should
    hold on to the old or grab onto the new, to quote some redneck song I
    heard the other day. Most reputable (and I use the term loosely) banks
    have online banking. So if your heading down main street with aunt
    bee, to the corner bank, say hello to Floyd. Make sure Barney is
    watchin yer bank fer ya.

    JAD, Jun 28, 2004
  8. Conor

    ric Guest

    No. When your initial "traditional banks are safer" argument was disproved,
    you changed to your "traditional banks save employment" argument - which
    you
    backed up with *ZERO* data supporting your claim. You don't have a clue,
    and will change your argument as often as necessary to hide that fact.

    ric, Jun 28, 2004
  9. Conor

    Stormsinger Guest

    <thread snipped - top posting problem?>

    Hmmm. Your = possessive pronoun. In other words ownership. e.g. your book

    You mean "you're" = you are: "you are an old hippie"

    Maybe being an old hippie means having some very basic grammatical knowledge?

    Unlike you.

    Stormsinger, Jun 28, 2004
  10. Conor

    JAD Guest

    ooh a spell checker....did you train or are you self taught?

    Stormsinger, Jun 28, 2004
  12. Conor

    Stormsinger Guest

    <snip - thread lost due to top posting>

    You really don't understand, do you?

    "your" (spelt correctly) = possessive pronoun: "Your book"

    "you're" (also spelt correctly) = contraction "you are"

    A spell checker would pass both options as being correct, because both are correct
    spellings. The point (that you clearly fail to grasp), is that in meaning they are
    very, very different.

    Oh, and self taught? No I was educated.

    Stormsinger, Jun 28, 2004
  13. Conor

    JAD Guest

    <Oh, and self taught? No I was educated.

    really was it one of those TV advertised schools like, back room
    medical office secretary, classes?

    <You really don't understand, do you?

    I be udderstanbing youre purfectly.

    listen up newsnet nazi, if YOU'RE that stupid that YOUR brain can't
    follow a thread, no matter the way in which a person configures it,
    ......is...well....that's pretty freaking sad. Considering this thread
    is useless and most will have their,there,they're news viewer set to
    delete after 5 days or so.YOUR snipping of the thread made it lost.
    YOU'RE not going to make much in your career path as spell checker in
    a newsnet group. May I suggest YOU take YOUR comments that YOU'RE
    posting and .... and well use YOUR imagination. Please spare the
    following post YOU'RE planning to sing with the words of/...congrats
    thanks to my intervention you got it right.....or any such other
    nonsense, as I don't pay for spell checking and therefore it would be
    a waste of download time. I'm sure others have deemed it so, long
    ago.............

    JAD, Jun 28, 2004
  14. Conor

    jk Guest

    You might as well give up. jad is a top posting moron and proves that on
    a regular basis. The difference between "your" and "you're" are really
    lost on him/her/it.

    jk, Jun 28, 2004
  15. Conor

    Toshi1873 Guest

    Thanks, I'll have to look at that again (it definitely
    doesn't exist for the e-mail side). My first brush with
    Thunderbird and USENET wasn't pretty, but that was
    admittedly a few months ago and it was ugly enough that
    I dug up MicroPlanet Gravity.

    I do wish they'd share some of those features with the
    e-mail side, because mailing lists could definitely use
    "ignore" and "watch" thread abilities. (As well as
    plonking.)

    Toshi1873, Jun 29, 2004
  16. Conor

    JAD Guest

    proves that on
    who are you?... and could you describe regular basis?

    difference between "your" and "you're" are really

    JAD, Jun 29, 2004
  17. Conor

    ric Guest

    Correct spelling and grammar is never a waste of time.

    ric, Jun 29, 2004
  18. Conor

    Ken Guest

    Ken, Jun 29, 2004
  19. Conor

    Zebedee Guest

    I blocked Jad a long time ago. I have a growing list of blocked individuals
    so at least now I don't have to wince when I see his poor spelling and
    grammar.

    Zebedee, Jun 29, 2004
  20. Conor

    Graham W Guest

    Shouldn't that be:

    "Correct spelling and grammar are never a waste of time."?

    I'll get me coat...

    Graham W, Jun 29, 2004