    (Claiming asylum in an attempt
    to escape paying his debts to
    Dougal and Florence)

    Zebedee, Jun 27, 2004

  2. Conor

    JAD Guest

    A little paranoia is a good thing, allot is a disease

    JAD, Jun 27, 2004

  3. Conor

    JAD Guest

    When and if your second hand browsers EVER become as widely used
    as I.E., then there will be assholes dedicating their lives to jack
    that browser also, you all fail to see the big picture and propagate
    the paranoia so the internet as a communication device will be
    stifled. Any software that is attacked by so many hooligans everyday
    would succumb to the pressure. If you in the UK have a problem with
    MS, create your own damned software, and slip into your sterile, and
    stark white internet, No animation no 'FUN' and let the anarchists and
    whatever you guys call the equivalent of our notorious 'republicans'
    to have what they want.

    JAD, Jun 27, 2004
  4. Conor

    Zebedee Guest

    Physical banks have doors and vaults. Only armed robbers can get at the
    money and there are policeman who know who the robbers are likely to be and
    who can catch them.

    Banks with internet access can be jacked by every spotty schoolboy in the
    world.

    Where would you put your money?

    --
    Yours

    Zebedee

    Zebedee, Jun 27, 2004
  5. Conor

    JAD Guest

    your a sacred little boy...like a said your WAY too paranoid. You like
    to spread your paranoia so you'll have friends...you won't be lonely,
    1 out of 5 people have some kind of mental disorder.

    JAD, Jun 27, 2004
  6. On that special day, JAD, () said...
    He is smarter than you.

    "Freundschaft!"

    Gabriele Neukam

    Gabriele Neukam, Jun 27, 2004
  7. Conor

    JAD Guest

    uh huh ok...... he's your hero? and you felt he needed your support?

    JAD, Jun 27, 2004
  8. Conor

    Tx2 Guest

    [snip lunatic rant]

    *plonk*

    Tx2, Jun 27, 2004
  9. Conor

    Zebedee Guest

    Jad seems to be a troll. Everybody is advised to ignore him.

    --
    Yours

    Zebedee

    Zebedee, Jun 27, 2004
  10. There was a long article in a newspaper last weekend about someone who
    was sent a cheque for about £10,000 by a bank. The cheque was delivered
    to the wrong address, and the spurious recipient opened an account in
    the name on the cheque, withdrew all the money, and vanished. Neither
    the bank that sent the cheque nor the bank that opened the fraudulent
    account accept responsibility; at the moment, years after the event, the
    legitimate payee is out of pocket with no solution in sight.

    If this had been done electronically the problem wouldn't have arisen.

    Michael Salem, Jun 27, 2004
  11. Conor

    Rob Morley Guest

    Zebedee, on the other hand, appears to be a classic kook. Everyone is
    advised to laugh at him for a while, then plonk him when they get bored.
    Get some help, Zeb.

    Rob Morley, Jun 27, 2004
  12. Conor

    kurt wismer Guest

    that's equally vague...

    i'm not likely to try it, quite frankly, when i don't see anything
    broken in what i use now... threading in mozilla works as well as it
    did in tin back in the day...

    kurt wismer, Jun 27, 2004
  13. Conor

    Tim Auton Guest

    Yawn. Passing it over the internet is far more secure than typing in
    your pin at an ATM.

    Tim

    Tim Auton, Jun 27, 2004
  14. Conor

    Zebedee Guest

    I can't see much wrong with Outlook Express 6. Once it's set to read all
    emails as plain text, nothing can happen - even with javascripted emails. If
    it was insecure I'd be worried but it's secure enough. Even OE4 was secure
    as long as the preview was off and each email was read as properties rather
    than opened.

    --
    Yours

    Zebedee

    Zebedee, Jun 27, 2004
  15. Conor

    ric Guest

    Identity theft is more likely by failing to shred ones important mail
    when discarding, and from "dumpster divers" than it is by *secure*
    online banking.
    Under my mattress? Frankly, my money is insured whether I bother to go
    to a "brick & mortar" bank, or if I bank online. And online banking is
    surely more convenient.

    Darn...those black choppers have returned...

    ric, Jun 27, 2004
  16. Conor

    Zebedee Guest

    I never shred bank statements - I file them all. I file all important
    documents like that.
    Nothing to be found in a bin.
    I prefer normal banks. There's one in every highstreet and I pass one every
    day. I'd rather get slightly lower interest and have people in jobs, in real
    banks than higher interest and have to pay more in NI to keep people on the
    dole.

    --
    Yours

    Zebedee

    Zebedee, Jun 27, 2004
  17. Conor

    Stormsinger Guest

    Please don't top post it make following the thread impossible.
    Please get a clue

    Thank you.

    Stormsinger, Jun 27, 2004
  18. Conor

    Stormsinger Guest

    Please learn not to top post - it is very "Microsoft lackey". It doesn't help the
    thread to flow and is the sign of a cluless newbie.

    See - the rest of the thread is gone............

    Stormsinger, Jun 27, 2004
  19. Conor

    madmax Guest

    FromTheRafters wrote:

    Thanks Rafters!
    -max

    --
    To help you stay safe see:
    http://www.geocities.com/maxpro4u/madmax.html

    madmax, Jun 27, 2004
  20. Conor

    ric Guest

    So you're changing your argument from your original "Physical banks have
    doors and vaults. Only armed robbers can get at the money and there are
    policeman who know who the robbers are likely to be and who can catch
    them. Banks with internet access can be jacked by every spotty schoolboy
    in the world" to the above rationalization?

    Make up your mind.

    ric, Jun 28, 2004