    anyone help?

    Thanks in advance

    Paul

    graham, Dec 20, 2003

  2. graham

    CB Guest

    || Help!
    || I have just started to install a new motherboard (ASRock K7S8X) and
    || it says in the manual "DO NOT INSERT A 3.3V AGP CARD..."
    || Nowhere can I find what the voltage of the Hercules card is. Can
    || anyone help?
    || Thanks in advance
    || Paul

    Voltages on AGP.

    Card supply voltage is always 3.3V.

    Signalling voltage is 3.3V on 1x/2x modes, and 1.5V on 4x/8x modes. 8x uses
    a reduced voltage swing of 0.8V.

    Don't know whether that helps!

    Hercules 3D Prophet boards are 2x so signalling voltage is 3.3V.

    Personnally can't understand why this warning! The voltage is supplied via
    the MoBo, so the only problem I see is that the Vid Card won't Work. ( I may
    be totally wrong though) ;-)

    CB

    CB, Dec 20, 2003

  3. graham

    CB Guest

    || Help!
    || I have just started to install a new motherboard (ASRock K7S8X) and
    || it says in the manual "DO NOT INSERT A 3.3V AGP CARD..."
    || Nowhere can I find what the voltage of the Hercules card is. Can
    || anyone help?
    || Thanks in advance
    || Paul

    Forget my last diatribe;-) Have a look at this WebSite all Info there:

    http://www.directron.com/15agpguide.html

    CB

    CB, Dec 20, 2003
  4. graham

    graham Guest

    Hmm.

    Thanks for that. The manual says the card is 4x (and 2x compatible). I
    have looked at the directron website and my card has the three slots
    shown there as 1.5v compatible, so hopefully I am OK. I really do not
    want to blow up the mobo though!!

    Paul

    graham, Dec 20, 2003
  5. graham

    CB Guest

    Yep, the slot pattern tells you that it's 1.5V. Probably the other slot
    types won't fit anyway! These are keying mechanisms so that the wrong card
    should be impossible to fit without a hammer :-0 BUT!

    CB

    CB, Dec 20, 2003