    It would be a simple matter for them to correct this, or even to
    allow a *completely* customised signature. This part of the sig:
    is NOT customisable, and is purely an advertisement.

    °Mike°, Sep 30, 2003

  2. Lethe

    trout Guest

    The answer is: one would *have* to assume so. These people cannot be
    unaware that their default add-on is in a form that cannot really even
    be called a signature; and will not be stripped by *any* client.
    Conveniently leaving an advertisement (complete with link) over and over
    again in newsgroups.

    trout, Sep 30, 2003

  3. Lethe

    Patrick Guest

    'Lethe', You are not the first person to have been given such treatment in
    this 'Group' regarding a 'broken AVG signature. It is that the problem may
    be caused by a AVG mistake regarding thiere signature, so best (I suppose)
    to turn it off, I've never tried useing it myself (lest I be made mincemeat
    :) ).

    Patrick, Sep 30, 2003
  4. Lethe

    Brian H¹© Guest

    Patrick said:
    Leth has no meaning to me whatsoever.
    Never heard of it before.
    Men use womens names to disguise their identity on the net, women also use mens
    names for the same end.
    I have known women called Fido, and they weren't dogs either.
    I did not swear *at* anybody, but as an adult, I used some adult language as a
    description of a sig.

    Brian H¹©, Oct 1, 2003
  5. Lethe

    Patrick Guest

    So your telling me that AVG's signature has never been delimenated properly
    and that I have never seen a properly-delimenated AVG signature. I'm not
    saying that I *have* seen said, but I would have thought that I had.

    Anyway we (all the bla) seem to be getting somewhere eventually with the
    matter (thanks to 'Mara' explaining the matter rationally).

    Patrick, Oct 1, 2003
  6. Lethe

    °Mike° Guest

    Yes. (It has not.)
    Yes. (You have not.)
    You have not. It has always been that way.
    I didn't notice anybody *not* being rational.

    °Mike°, Oct 1, 2003
  7. Lethe

    Patrick Guest

    Am I then to question your sex? (or are you obviously male by the fact of
    your expletives?).

    *Adult*, naughty-boy more like it!
    You were asserting the signature to be wrong, the problem was the broke
    delimenator.

    Patrick, Oct 1, 2003
  8. Lethe

    Bryan Guest

    You're tone deaf
    Leth is a Yorkshire mans name!
    Adulthood! What female?
    As an adult I've always found it bes not to be prissy!
    I've seen people shoot other people, But I don't believe that's right!
    You might like to read other posts by BrianH
    He's not ignorant, he's not swearing, and if he was who are you to tell him
    not to do it!
    JMO of course!

    Bryan, Oct 1, 2003
  9. Lethe

    Bryan Guest

    Bryan, Oct 1, 2003
  10. Lethe

    Brian H¹© Guest

    Patrick said:
    So if you are aware that this has been discussed ad infinitum, why have you been
    questioning the comments made ?

    Brian H¹©, Oct 1, 2003
  11. Lethe

    Brian H¹© Guest

    Patrick said:
    Stop sitting on your brain, stand up and use it for a change.
    Give it a rest.

    Brian H¹©, Oct 1, 2003
  12. Lethe

    Patrick Guest

    Why does it allways neccesitate half a dozen (of those that should know
    better) to explain that thiere is a problem with an OP's AVG-sig.
    'Mara' in this thread showed that the thing can be explained to an OP
    without swearing, getting very excited, or generally bullying the OP.
    Why is it that nobody ever dares to step out of line or go against the
    'crowd' and say that the OP's AVG is apparently 'out of date', or would that
    require some kind of individual observation ?

    Patrick, Oct 1, 2003
  13. Lethe

    Brian H¹© Guest

    Patrick said:
    Because people don't take notice of what one person says, and it's not until
    others pipe up and confirm what has been said, that twits start to take notice.
    Mara is just as capable of swearing when she is pissed off as the next person.
    Someone *did* say that the sig was out of date, but you have only read what you
    wanted to see.

    Brian H¹©, Oct 1, 2003
  14. Lethe

    King Sabibaa Guest

    Please turn off your rubbish sig, Mara. I don't like it.

    King Sabibaa, Oct 1, 2003
  15. Lethe

    King Sabibaa Guest

    Hey Mike, could you please turn off your crappy sig. I don't like it.

    King Sabibaa, Oct 1, 2003
  16. Lethe

    Petit Alexi Guest

    Doesn't your news reader have an option to supress sigs when reading?

    Petit Alexi, Oct 1, 2003
  17. Lethe

    Paul - xxx Guest

    King Sabibaa tried to scribble ...
    ======>>>>> Whhooooooosssshhhhhh >>>====>>>>

    Paul - xxx, Oct 1, 2003
  18. Lethe

    °Mike° Guest

    Then use a news client that snips sigs. automatically.

    °Mike°, Oct 1, 2003
  19. We all know that Patrick screamed at the top of his lungs:
    you got it

    --
    Do the Dew - Dewman
    has been changed to

    DUH

    yellow submarine, Oct 1, 2003
  20. We all know that Lethe screamed at the top of his lungs:
    it is annoying as hell.

    yellow submarine, Oct 1, 2003