    Reads like Chat/ PC/ Internet etc.

    Anybody /Behind/ The 24 hr Help Desk?

    Lethe

    Lethe, Sep 30, 2003

  2. Lethe

    Brian H¹© Guest

    Lethe said:
    Your crappy AVG sig just took out 25 servers worldwide, please get rid of it
    before posting again.
    Thank you.

    Brian H¹©, Sep 30, 2003

  3. Lethe

    Boomer Guest

    I'll go look......
    You have a broken sig btw.

    --

    This post has been scanned by McAfee virus scan. No
    virus detected. Was once dewman. Changed my name,

    Boomer, Sep 30, 2003
  4. Lethe

    Brian H¹© Guest

    I'm in front of it, and can't see anybody behind or under it, if that helps.

    Brian H¹©, Sep 30, 2003
  5. Lethe

    Lethe Guest

    Not short of bully boys then. Now why aren't I surprised? ):>

    Lethe

    Lethe, Sep 30, 2003
  6. Lethe

    Lethe Guest

    ---And?

    Lethe

    Lethe, Sep 30, 2003
  7. Lethe

    Lethe Guest

    How so?

    Lethe

    Lethe, Sep 30, 2003
  8. Lethe

    Boomer Guest

    Boomer, Sep 30, 2003
  9. Lethe

    Brian H¹© Guest

    Because it doesn't get stripped in replies.

    Brian H¹©, Sep 30, 2003
  10. Lethe

    Brian H¹© Guest

    Lethe said:
    Bully boys?
    Who is bullying you?
    Want someone to send "the lads" to visit them?

    Brian H¹©, Sep 30, 2003
  11. Lethe

    Mara Guest

    This is an international Usenet newsgroup, not a helpdesk per se.

    http://users.skynet.be/d.lineate/mbn/d/pics_04.html
    http://www.duke.edu/eng169s2/group4/alok/English/internet.htm
    (a little outdated, but good.)
    http://whatis.techtarget.com/definition/0,289893,sid9_gci213262,00.html

    Netiquette:
    http://www.duke.edu/eng169s2/group4/alok/English/map.htm
    http://www.dickalba.demon.co.uk/usenet/guide/guide.html
    http://www.newsreaders.com/guide/netiquette.html

    'And please turn off your "outgoing certification in AVG."
    <snipped borked, non-compliant sig>

    Mara, Sep 30, 2003
  12. Lethe

    Lethe Guest

    Lethe, Sep 30, 2003
  13. Lethe

    Brian H¹© Guest

    Brian H¹©, Sep 30, 2003
  14. Lethe

    Boomer Guest

    You have 3 dashes.

    It should be dashdashenter (dash dash enter)
    But you don't need that sig for usenet (newsgroups).

    Boomer, Sep 30, 2003
  15. Lethe

    °Mike° Guest

    °Mike°, Sep 30, 2003
  16. Lethe

    Lethe Guest

    *mystified*

    Perhaps I'll just go back to ntltalk. :)

    Lethe

    Lethe, Sep 30, 2003
  17. Lethe

    Brian H¹© Guest

    Or you could go into AVG and *turn the sig off*

    Brian H¹©, Sep 30, 2003
  18. Lethe

    Lethe Guest

    Ouch! in advance.

    *Sinks down into own River Lethe and makes for ntltalk.*

    Bye bye all ;-)

    Lethe

    Lethe, Sep 30, 2003
  19. Lethe

    Lethe Guest

    be adding it and removing it at the wrong times. :-(

    Lethe

    Lethe, Sep 30, 2003
  20. Lethe

    °Mike° Guest

    It serves NO purpose whatsoever, makes a false claim, is an advertising
    ploy, and does not get snipped, due to a (purposely) borked sig-separator.

    <snip broken sig>

    °Mike°, Sep 30, 2003