help wth DLS modem....please...

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Zippo, Dec 22, 2004.

  1. Zippo

    Zippo Guest

    i just moved from dialup to DSL thru verizon...

    they originally sent to westell ethernet DSL modem..
    connected properly...no luck...called verizon and
    the said the modem was defective...sent another of
    of the same brand....

    connected properly...no luck...we did a ping on the
    ethernet card...even got gateway on the line...he did
    a ping...card is fine...

    they send me a USB westell modem...connected
    properly...works fine thru USB port...

    but would like to use the ethernet port...gateway
    didn't put the card in the machine for looks...

    so what should i do??..do you need anymore info??
    i am using ME, 800mhz, 128 ram, 40 gig hard drive..
    any info you need i can accomidate..

    please help a frustrated soul...most of you peeps know
    exactely what you are doing and i would like to pick
    your mind regarding this situation..HEEEELP!!..

    thank you in advance...

    Zippo, Dec 22, 2004

  2. Zippo

    Old Gringo Guest

    I experienced a similar problem and by setting the motherboard to all
    default settings it finally worked ok. I thought it was the drivers
    for the Ethernet card but not the case. Not being a computer whiz I
    just use the process of elimination.

    Old Gringo, Dec 22, 2004

  3. Zippo

    Zippo Guest

    ....that sounds like a good idea...but i am even less than
    a computer whiz than you are...

    how do i access the motherboard defaults??...
    thru the bios settings??...i would like to eliminate some
    of the elimination process...please advise thanks in advance...

    Zippo, Dec 23, 2004
  4. Zippo

    Old Gringo Guest

    when you first boot the computer, as soon as you hear the MB beep,
    hit the Del key. just use on screen instructions from there.

    Old Gringo, Dec 23, 2004