Help with this sound card Predator 5.1 DSP

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by vbMark, Apr 21, 2007.

  1. vbMark

    vbMark Guest

    Hello,

    I was just given a sound card which is a "Mad Dog" Predator 5.1 DSP.

    http://www.mdmm.com/spec.php?productid=13

    I have Microsoft Vista and I can't find any information indicating if it is
    compatible with Vista or not. They have XP drivers but not Vista drivers
    on their web site.

    I don't want to go through the hastle of installing it if it is not going
    to work.

    Right now I'm using my mother board's built in sound card and the quality
    is very poor.

    I have a Sound Blaster Live Value but that is not compatible with Vista and
    will not work at all.

    Does any know if this card (the Predator 5.1 DSP) will work in Vista or
    not?

    Thanks!

    vbMark, Apr 21, 2007

  2. Mad Dog's website indicates:

    OS Support

    * Windows XP/2000/ME/98, and NT 4.0
    * Windows NT 4.0 functionality may differ from box specifications
    due to limitations in Windows NT

    The Old Sourdough, Apr 21, 2007