    of deleting these messages/newsgroups, how do I get rid of these unwanted
    items please?

    Maria

    miah_xx, Sep 10, 2003

  2. Right click on the newsgroup and choose "Catch Up"

    Sentient Fluid, Sep 10, 2003

  3. Tools/options/maintenance/clean up now click on your choice.
    I guess it is the same in OE5.

    Cynthia

    Cynthia Nollner, Sep 10, 2003
  4. miah_xx

    Paul - xxx Guest

    miah_xx tried to scribble ...
    Right - click on the news server name, possibly news.ntlworld.com select
    'Remove Account'

    If you still want to keep the newsgroups, try right clicking a highlighted
    group with many messages in it, select 'catch-up'.

    Or try right clicking a highlighted group with many messages in it, select
    Properties - Local File .. click the button that best suits what you need ..
    ;)

    Paul - xxx, Sep 10, 2003
  5. miah_xx

    alexstarr Guest

    Or you can create a message rule.
    To do this you click on tools,
    then where you see message rules, select news from scroll, and make a new
    rule,
    you can delete all messages from a specific newsgroup, from any date you
    like for instance any message that is more than 2 days old as an example...

    alexstarr, Sep 10, 2003