    0
    Hi, I was looking up lyrics to a song in google, and clicked on the website www.sing365.com. I noticed the page was taking a long time to load but thought nothing of it. Later my computer was running extremely slow and i checked to see if i had some programs running and i saw the name wtsao running three different times. When i try to close it once the other two are still running and spawn another one, so its like nothing has happened. I found the file and no spyware or adware programs pick it up. I tried deleting it, but since it is constantly running i cant. I tried deleting it in safe mode but when i restarted my computer the file was still there and was running strong. Can someone give me advice on how to delete it? I also checked it out in regedit and msconfig but did not find it. I could really use some help. Any input would be appreciated. Also, i thought i should mention that i am running windows 98.

    Last edited: Oct 11, 2006
    sgt_billy, Oct 11, 2006

  2. sgt_billy

    JimmyD

    Joined:
    Oct 15, 2006
    Messages:
    18
    Likes Received:
    0
    Hello Sgt Billy,

    I did a search for WTSAO.EXE, but got no results, so not sure what that is. I also looked up sing365.com, and checked it out with Site Advisor. It does not set off any alarms, and seems like a safe site.

    If you can find the file, download "Pocket KillBox" and use it to delete the file during boot up. You can download Pocket Killbox from:

    http://www.softpedia.com/get/Security/Secure-cleaning/Pocket-Killbox.shtml

    http://www.killbox.net/help.html

    What is KillBox?
    KillBox is a tool to delete in-use files. If the file is running, KillBox will attempt to end the process (close the running file) and delete it. For more difficult files that have loaded .dll's or are services, Delete on Reboot will use the native Windows function of deleting or replacing in-use files.

    Ways to add files into KillBox:

    • Copy file names one at a time and paste them into the Combobox.
    • Copy an entire text file and use the File > Paste from Clipboard function to add all filenames at once.
    • Browse for the desired file using the browse button.
    • Drag & Drop a file from Windows Explorer to the KillBox Combobox.

    Hope that helps,

    Jimmy

    JimmyD, Oct 16, 2006