Help with setting up MN-500 wireless base station

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by Guest, Sep 3, 2006.

  1. Guest

    Guest Guest

    If anyone could provide some assistance it would be greatly appreciated. I
    have a MS wireless broadband wireless networking base station (model MN-500)
    and the wireless USB receiver (model MN-510). I had it set up on my old
    desktop computer, but recently bought a new Dell system (running XP) and am
    trying to set up the wireless on it. Unfortunately during a recent move, my
    install CD got lost (#@!#$%#$ movers) and when the XP new hardware set up
    reader tries to set up the wireles it tells me I am missing the associated
    drivers.

    I tried to get the hardware install wizard to find the drivers I needed on
    the web but it couldn't find them and I also looked around on the MS website
    download area and couldn't seem to find what I needed.

    The wireless base station is working and sending out a signal I can get on
    my work laptop, but I can't get the desktop to work (internet won't come up).
    I think the problem is I haven't set up a wireless connection on the desktop
    as I nevewr ran the CD setup disk.

    Is there a way to use the Wireless Network Setup Wizard in the XP control
    panel to do what I need or do I have to reorder a new install CD for the
    MN-500 from MS??

    Please help?

    Guest, Sep 3, 2006