Help with Runtime error when opening Internet Explorer.

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by ECLiPSE 2002, Apr 8, 2006.

  1. ECLiPSE 2002

    ECLiPSE 2002 Guest

    My daughter just activated her PC that has been idle for some time
    and signed on for Verzon DSL. Microsoft successfully ran through
    multiple updates. However she has encountered a problem.

    She gets an error message when I click Internet Explorer. Cannot get
    on the internet from there. She does get email via Outlook Express
    however.
    Here is the error message she gets:

    Microsoft visual C++ Runtime Library
    Runtime Error
    Program:C:\Program Files\internetexplorer\iexplore.exe
    This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an
    unusual way.

    Can someone provide insight or assistance with this problem?

    Thanks,

    Frank

    ECLiPSE 2002, Apr 8, 2006

  2. Try uninstalling the Google Toolbar via Control Panel -> Add/Remove
    programs.

    --
    Vincenzo Di Russo
    Microsoft® MVP - Most Valuable Professional

    Vincenzo Di Russo [MVP], Apr 8, 2006

  3. ECLiPSE 2002

    ECLiPSE 2002 Guest

    Your suggestion worked - thanks a lot Vincenzo.

    ECLiPSE 2002, Apr 10, 2006
  4. Vincenzo Di Russo [MVP], Apr 10, 2006