Help with router configuration

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by niju, Oct 22, 2005.

  1. niju

    niju Guest

    Hi there
    I have a Cisco router which has 2 configured interfaces

    E0:201.139.xx.24
    E1:200.201.xx.161

    E0 has three hosts
    201.139.xx.25(used)
    201.139.xx.26(free)
    201.139.xx.27(used)

    E1 has three host

    200.201.xx.162(used)
    200.201.xx.163(used)
    200.201.xx.164(used)

    I ran out of IP address for hosts in E1 subnet, is it possible to
    assign E0's free IP address (201.139.xx.26)to host in E0.if yes how can
    I achieve this.

    Any help would be greatly appreciated.

    Niju

    niju, Oct 22, 2005

  2. niju

    Merv Guest

    These IP addresses are public IP addresses, so either ask your ISP for
    a larger allocation or use network address translation (NAT).

    Merv, Oct 22, 2005

  3. The address ranges you show should have several more usable addresses.
    The smallest subnet that contains E0's address is 201.139.xx.16/20, with
    usable addresses 201.139.xx.17-30. And the smallest subnet for E1 is
    200.201.xx.160/29, with usable addresses 200.201.xx.161-166. So why are
    you out of addresses?

    Barry Margolin, Oct 22, 2005
  4. niju

    niju Guest

    My apologies for not making this clear at front. The addresses i have
    mentioned here are only example and i have completely used all the
    address in E1 only free address i have is on E0 subnet.

    Niju

    niju, Oct 22, 2005