    Once in a while I would like to extract some RAR files. Is a good,
    freeware extraction program available that anyone is aware of? Thanks for
    any help!

    Farmer Creek, Jan 25, 2004

  2. Farmer Creek

    ICee Guest

    WinRAR:

    http://www.newfreeware.com/utils/416/

    ICee, Jan 25, 2004

  3. Farmer Creek

    Ionizer Guest

    Ionizer, Jan 25, 2004
  4. Farmer Creek

    docmill Guest

    Haven't tried this, but it's free.

    http://www.filzip.com/en/index.html

    docmill, Jan 25, 2004
  5. Farmer Creek

    docmill Guest

    If you want the WinRAR, you can get a trial or a beta here.
    http://www.winrar.de/

    docmill, Jan 25, 2004
  6. Farmer Creek

    ICee Guest

    I thought WinRAR was shareware/donateware, but on closer inspection see
    it is not. Power Archiver is another good program and versions lower
    than 7.0 are free (6.1 is good):

    http://www.oldversion.com/program.php?n=powarc

    ICee, Jan 25, 2004
  7. @}-}-------Rosee, Jan 25, 2004
  8. Well, you can get it just as easier if not easier with all prev.
    versions, etc. from the original authors website.... Of course, even
    on the link you posted, you see to the right the price of $29.00.
    "Freeware" implies "FREE", despite the webmaster of newfreeware.com's
    lack of understanding....

    John H. Guillory, Jan 25, 2004
  9. Farmer Creek

    ICee Guest