Help with .inf file

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by Guest, Mar 30, 2005.

  1. Guest

    Guest Guest

    Hi, I just bought a Toshiba A75 and have a HP8450 printer. I bought bluetooth
    wireless adapters for the laptop and printer. My problem is that when I try
    to add the printer it say access is denied. What am I doing wrong. I did find
    the following help on microsoft but is says to create the following .inf
    file. I have no idea how to do this any help here? I got as far as this now
    I'm stumped. Hopefully someone here can help me out. Here is the link to the
    help page I'm talking about.

    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;892891

    (I got to this point and now don't know what to do)

    After you repair the security database, follow these steps to modify the
    registry so that you can access the registry key that is required to
    configure the Bluetooth device:
    a. Create the C:\bt.inf file that has the following text.
    [version]
    signature="$CHICAGO$"
    revision=1
    DriverVer=07/01/2001,5.1.2600.1106

    [Registry Keys]

    "MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\BTHPORT",0,"D:AR(A;CI;GRGW;;;PU)(A;CI;GRGW;;;LS)"

    b. Click Start, click Run, type cmd, and then click OK.
    c. At the command prompt, type
    secedit /configure /cfg C:\bt.inf /db C:\bt.sdb
    d. Delete the C:\bt.inf file and the C:\bt.sdb file.

    Thanks for any help
    Rick

    Guest, Mar 30, 2005