    it up? I have the Windows XP CD that came with the PC but no start up floppy
    disk or anything, could one of you kind people guide me through what I need
    to do please?

    Bummer, Nov 30, 2003

  2. Bummer

    Artemis Guest

    Will your "other computer" boot from cd?

    Artemis, Nov 30, 2003

  3. Bummer

    Trent C Guest

    Hi,
    You need to check whether the BIOS supports booting from the CD drive. IF
    it does, make sure the boot sequence is in the appropriate order and shove
    the Windows XP CD in to the CD tray and reboot...

    Trent C, Nov 30, 2003
  4. Bummer

    The Ripper Guest

    Jusk put the xp disk and It will take you throught the set up.

    Kev

    The Ripper, Nov 30, 2003
  5. Bummer

    Bummer Guest

    I tried setting the BIOS so that it would bootfrom the CD drive but it came
    back with "Invalid System Disk - replace the disk, and press any key"

    Bummer, Nov 30, 2003
  6. Bummer

    Tom Miller Guest

    Your going to need some kind of windows startup floppy with cd-rom support.
    A Win98SE startup would do it, so would an ms-dos with the cd-rom addons.

    Tom

    Tom Miller, Nov 30, 2003
  7. Bummer

    William Guest

    in message: "I tried setting the BIOS so that it would
    bootfrom the CD drive but it came
    back with "Invalid System Disk - replace the disk, and press any key"

    William Responded: If I am not mistaken, sometimes the CD Boot Drive letter
    changes from it's normal assignment letter, which is normally D: in a non
    partitioned drive to E:, F:, or what-ever.....this only happens in boot
    mode.....so try different Letter assignments for the CD drive and see what
    happens...???

    William, Nov 30, 2003
  8. Bummer

    Bummer Guest