Help with fatal error message

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Frank, Dec 16, 2003.

  1. Frank

    Frank Guest

    Got the following blue screen error message:

    A fatal exception has occurred at 0028:FF079B13 in VXD sysfppa (01)
    +00004BF3. The current application will be terminated.....

    The message occurred when I turned on my Canon S520 printer while in
    MS Internet Explorer - no other programs were running.

    After pressing a key the screen went black and then the desktop screen
    reappeared and I was able to return to MS Internet Explorer to the
    page I had tried to print.

    However when I clicked on print in FILE the blue screen reoccurred
    with the message - A fatal exception OE has occurred at 0028:C000BC4E,
    the current application will be terminated. This time everything
    locked up and I had to do a power off - reboot to restore the PC to an
    operative condition.

    Any guidance or suggestions would be appreciated.
    Frank

    Frank, Dec 16, 2003

  2. Frank

    °Mike° Guest

    Perform some basic cleanup maintenance:

    Uninstall your Canon software, and re-install it. If you still have problems,
    and this only occurs with Internet Explorer open, use the 'Repair' option
    for Internet Explorer---in Add\Remove Programs.

    Also, take a look at the following:

    What Are Fatal Exception Errors

    Troubleshooting Fatal Exception Errors
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=150314#1

    FATAL EXCEPTION ERRORS
    http://aumha.org/win4/kbefe.htm

    Fatal Exception Errors
    http://www.generation.net/~hleboeuf/fatlexer.htm

    °Mike°, Dec 16, 2003

  3. Frank

    Frank Guest

    Thanks for the response and suggestions, Mike

    Frank, Dec 19, 2003