Help with Cisco changing first 6 bytes on ATM packets

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by BikeZilla, Oct 28, 2004.

  1. BikeZilla

    BikeZilla Guest

    Hi guys, I'm new to posting here but hopefully somebody could help me
    with a
    problem I'm having

    I have a Cisco 6160 DSLAM with a DS3-NI2 which is connected to a Fore
    ASX200BX
    Which also has a NM4-155 OC3 card

    I've been having problems getting any of my DSL modems to work, I've
    tried
    (B,R)1483, PPPoAtm, and CLIP

    I have CLIP and Bridging working on a SGI Irix, Sun Solaris, Linux
    machine (2.6.8) and another Fore PH8K - however I'm having no luck
    with the DSLAM

    I've created a PVC on the Fore which loops to the Cisco DSLAM which
    loops back
    to the Fore ASX200BX. I'm using awrite and atmdump. When I loop
    through just
    the Fore I get the packets back byte for byte with a 5 byte (I
    assume) checksum
    at the end. However when I route stuff through DSLAM it seems to
    trample the first 6 bytes of the payload, but it doesn't change the
    checksum (or last 5 bytes)

    BikeZilla, Oct 28, 2004

  2. BikeZilla

    BikeZilla Guest

    I found out what it was the Cisco DSLAM was defaulting to cell scambling on
    And the Fore ASX200 was with it off

    'Thanks for you help everybody' geesh it's sure not like the old days

    BikeZilla, Oct 30, 2004