Help with Cisco 2611 and home network

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by pcperez83, Jul 10, 2007.

  1. pcperez83

    pcperez83

    Joined:
    Jul 10, 2007
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    Hey all, i'm a junior network engineering student and I have a few questions about my network at home. I just purchased a Cisco 2611 router and planned on implementing it into my home network, unfortunately i did not do my research before purchasing it and now I've realized that both e0 and e1 interfaces only support 10Mbps :( .

    This router will be directly connected to my ISP's modem (ISP MAX download capability 8Mbps) and i plan on having the device do my NAT for home LAN while disabling my existing DLINK's (10/100 Mbps) wireless router's routing capability and using it solely as a switch/wireless bridge. Here are my questions:

    1. Is it possible to do this with my DLINK?
    2. Will this work?
    3. With 10Mbps interfaces, how badly will implementing this effect my LAN transfer speeds?
    4. Is it possible to upgrade the existing cards on this router with faster interfaces?

    Please check out my network design by going to my ftp share (Visio):
    ftp://access.pcesolutions.net
    user: public
    Pw:123456

    Please tell me what you think, or any suggestions on what could be done to have the most optimal performance.

    Thanks in advance.

    Last edited: Jul 10, 2007
    pcperez83, Jul 10, 2007