Help with 70-315 and Kalani Step-by-Step Example

Discussion in 'MCSD' started by Derek M. A. Lee-Wo, Jul 12, 2004.

  1. I have just started studying for 70-315 using the Kalani book. In trying
    the 1.7 Step-by-Step example, I found that I can't get the code to work as
    he has it.

    The example uses:

    <%@ Page Language="C#" Inherits="Temperature.TemperatureCB"
    Src="TemperatureCB.cs" %>

    which is supposed to use a code-behind cs file WITHOUT precompilation.

    When I try to view the page I get

    Compiler Error Message: CS1595: 'Temperature.TemperatureCB' is defined in
    multiple places; using definition from

    If I remove the "Src" from the Page directive, it works fine.

    Kalani's example of the code-behind WITH precompilation has me remove the
    "Src" and compile the cs file manually, although with Visual Studio, I
    didn't need to do that.

    Am I getting confused here? Did I do something wrong? Could his examples
    be for ASP 1.0 whereas I'm using ASP 1.1?

    Derek

    Derek M. A. Lee-Wo, Jul 12, 2004

  2. Derek M. A. Lee-Wo

    Raja Guest

    Check out for errata @
    http://www.techcontent.com/TG70315.htm

    - Raja.
    CS1595: 'Temperature.TemperatureCB' is defined in

    Raja, Jul 13, 2004