    0
    How can I change my account to adminstrator again. My 13 year old cousin is here visiting from PA and left on a trip with other family members and left my account as limited. How can he do that when I was the adminstrator to begin with?

    Please HELP.

    Jennifer, Jul 27, 2006

  2. Jennifer

    bigal

    Joined:
    Jul 1, 2005
    Messages:
    1,485
    Likes Received:
    1
    Location:
    Northern Virginia, USA
    He must have logged on as an administrator to have changed your account, perhaps in safe mode. You need to get the admin password and log in to your machine with an administrator account to set your login back the way you want it. Or, in another section of these forums, there was talk about running a command in safe mode to reset the passwords. Go look for that recent discussion. Maybe it's in the hardware section.

    bigal, Jul 27, 2006

  3. Jennifer

    linux

    Joined:
    Jul 27, 2006
    Messages:
    3
    Likes Received:
    0
    hi jennifer,push the button inited y selected windows update..

    linux, Jul 27, 2006
  4. Jennifer

    alpha1

    Joined:
    Jul 28, 2006
    Messages:
    10
    Likes Received:
    0
    bigal is right.

    turn on your computer. Dont wait for anything start pressing f8 dont stop go to safe mode (keep pressing f8 until you see all the options) then choose safe mode not with the command prompt.press enter. follow this---> administrator account, control panel, user account, click the user you want to change then make it administrator .

    Last edited: Jul 28, 2006
    alpha1, Jul 28, 2006