    svchost.exe.
    Anyone that can help me cleaning this Trojan from my PC PLEASE HELP.....
    I tried already a few Trojan removal tools but no success.......

    Volker, Oct 9, 2004

  2. Volker

    °Mike° Guest

    What useless piece of software is identifying a trojan
    as "trojan.gen"? Let me guess, Avast? AVG?

    Can you supply more details, particularly about the
    software you are using, if it's up to date or not, and
    any other steps you have taken, like online scans etc?

    °Mike°, Oct 9, 2004

  3. Volker

    Volker Guest

    The software that's telling me is Avast. I also downloaded Spybot and ad
    aware. Nothig I used so far helped me to eliminate the trojan. I think I
    have to do it manually but have no idea where to start. If anyone can
    help me PLEASE...

    Volker, Oct 9, 2004
  4. Volker

    flomers Guest

    You might want to go to Symantec's web site and look for a "fix" for your
    delema. Often they have a quick fix right there on their web site. They have
    helped me in similar cases. Hope this helps you out.

    Good Luck,
    Joe

    flomers, Oct 9, 2004
  5. Volker

    °Mike° Guest

    Exactly as I suspected; Avast is crap -- you need to get
    yourself a decent antivirus program.
    You don't know how, or what to do because the malware
    has NOT be properly identified.
    Uninstall Avast and invest in a real solution. In the meantime,
    run AT LEAST two online scanners:

    Online Antivirus scanners:
    ================

    Decent anti-virus programs:

    1--KAV (Kaspersky)
    http://www.kaspersky.com/

    2--Sophos
    http://www.sophos.com/products/sav/

    3--eZ Antivirus (Computer Associates)

    °Mike°, Oct 9, 2004
  6. Volker

    °Mike° Guest

    Please reply to the correct person; I don't have
    a "delema" (sic).

    °Mike°, Oct 9, 2004
  7. Volker

    rosswil Guest

    Check the file name spelling- it may be scvhost, not svchost.
    You can delete the scv one

    rosswil, Oct 10, 2004
  8. Volker

    maples1111

    Joined:
    Dec 20, 2008
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    Avast Is Not Crap

    i have been facing the same problem with win32:trojan-gen...
    i did tried most of the antivirus...

    but its the AVAST 4.8-1296 made my day... it cleaned everything and
    even sality-ap.

    get avast, get the freedom

    maples1111, Dec 20, 2008
  9. Volker

    jback

    Joined:
    Dec 2, 2009
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    This is my first virus and I feel like an idiot. I bought kaspersky, but every time I try to launch the antivirus scanner I get a Windows Security Alert saying that the application cannot be executed... the file is infected. I downloaded the software on a different computer and burned it to disc to install on my infected computer. What am I doing wrong? Please help.

    jback, Dec 2, 2009
  10. Volker

    silverfox

    Joined:
    Feb 3, 2010
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    Can you qualify such carte blanche statements as Avast is crap. Why is it crap? I've spent 3 months evaluating all virus scanners on the market for a firm I used to work for. I was unable to find anything crap about Avast at all. In fact, Avast came up tops, second No32 (version prior to 4 before they started playing with the fast scan engine) and then Kaspersky, without boring you with the details, but let me put it in your style of terms: Avast works (properly)! And lets take a real-world example of some work I did on a users PC using your recommended Sophos -- I ran a virus scan with Sophos this morning on a user's PC and it didn't find 18 infections that _two_ other products including Avast did. Avast version 5 cleaned a variant of the infection the chap (jblack) here is referring to straight away. Whilst Sophos didn't even detect it! Saying to people that something is crap doesn't reassure them or help them it just tends to upset them more. I've usually found that people who say Avast is crap are usually the type of people who then go on to blame unrelated IT issues on Avast because they don't know how to fix whatever it is they are looking at (usually IT contractors). Those people I've found don't know what they are talking about full-stop.

    JBlack pop on Avast 5, just click next all way through install, and scan that should solve your problems, if worst comes to worse the installation won't cause your machine to fall over completely or run like a dog, umh like certain other security products.

    Thanks,
    Silver

    p.s. I've over 13 years commercial IT experience working in industry and supporting security products. In my opinion Avast is the best on the market.

    silverfox, Feb 3, 2010
  11. Volker

    candygirl

    Joined:
    Apr 13, 2010
    Messages:
    4
    Likes Received:
    0
    Can anyone help me pls??

    I'm currently traveling in Vietnam and just recently my laptop started behaving differently (slower start up, strange beeping noise, crackling sound, blue screen error appeared, avg removed, memory error message, new icons appearing on my desktop....etc). I took it to a local computer guy in Vietnam and he said it was a virus and he would sort it out for me!! When I got the laptop back, everything seemed fine and he'd put the free version of Avast on my laptop as the virus took off my avg. I looked at the scan summary on Avast and it said that the virus was a win 32: Trojan Gen. The laptop worked fine for a few days, but has since gone back to its odd behaviour and now everytime I turn it on, after a few minutes a blue screen appears saying that a crucial thread is missing and it must exit to save my computer from damage??

    Also I think the virus may have gone onto my external hard drive, but when I tried to scan the laptop and hard drive using Avast it wouldn't scan all the files as it says there is an error??

    Does anyone know how I can solve this please??.....

    and to top it off, just days after realising my laptop had the virus, my bank account was subject to numerous accounts of fraud....?????HMMmmmm ;0(

    candygirl, Apr 13, 2010
  12. Volker

    freddie323

    Joined:
    Sep 20, 2011
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    DON'T use avg avast or any of that USE threatfire and is good and pctools

    freddie323, Sep 20, 2011