    error. Any help will be greatly appreciated!

    Sincerely,

    WM

    Wayne, Mar 27, 2005

  2. Wayne

    Scott W Guest

    Are you using the flash?
    If you are not using the flash what shutter speed are you shooting at?

    Scott

    Scott W, Mar 27, 2005

  3. You've almost answered your own question. Your outdoor shots are great, but
    indoor shots are blurry. That suggests camera shake, since the shutter
    naturally slows down due to the lowered lighting conditions. As a test,
    place the camera on a tripod (you do have a tripod?) indoors, and try
    shooting with the camera stabilized. If your shots come out better, it is
    definitely camera shake. You have to realize that while an indoor scene
    might appear sufficiently "bright" to you, it is probably dark to the
    camera. The general rule for hand-holding shots is to be sure the shutter
    speed is at least the reciprocal of the lens' focal length (when converted
    to equivalent for 35mm camera).
    For example, if you have the equivalent of an 50mm lens (or the zoom is
    set at that position), you need to have at least a 1/50 second shutter
    speed. Check your camera's manual to find out what the 35mm camera
    equivalents are for your lens.

    A second possibility might be an inability of the camera to focus under
    dark indoor lighting conditions, but that depends on the camera, and I know
    nothing about your Sony's low-light focusing capabilities, so it's just a
    suggestion.

    (--and if you don't have a tripod, set the camera on a table or other
    stable flat surface and hold the camera still while shooting from there).

    N H via PhotoKB.com, Mar 27, 2005
  4. Wayne

    Pete D Guest

    I bet you are using the screen to frame your shots??? Use the flipping
    viewfinder, if you hold the camera out in front of you will naturally move
    the camera when taking a shot. The screen is for reviewing shots and
    changing some settings not for framing your shots and especially indoors
    when the shutter speeds are slower.

    Pete D, Mar 27, 2005
  5. Wayne

    Mik Guest

    One day most compact cameras may not have viewfinders, have noticed a few
    new cameras have replaced the viewfinder with a larger viewing screen on the
    back.

    Mik, Mar 27, 2005
  6. Wayne

    Ron Hunter Guest

    Two possible problems.
    First, most people seem to think they have stab the shutter button. In
    low light situations, this WILL cause blur. Place your thumb below the
    camera, and your 'trigger finger' on the shutter button, squeeze the
    button half way, and wait for the camera to focus (assuming autofocus
    works that was, most do), then continue to squeeze.

    Second, is caused by using the LCD for framing the shot. Many people I
    see are holding the camera well away from the body, usually arm's
    length, and trying to take a picture that way. In low light, this will
    almost always result in blur.

    Another cause is not waiting for the camera to focus before pushing the
    shutter button all the way down. Many cameras require a half press,
    then focus, then full press.

    If none of these work for you, you might have the camera checked.

    Ron Hunter, Mar 27, 2005
  7. Wayne

    Ron Hunter Guest

    A guarantee of lousy pictures.

    Ron Hunter, Mar 27, 2005
  8. Wayne

    Pete D Guest

    Actually there is also some with no screen, only a viewfinder. Some of the
    little Olys I think they were. One of my brothers has a Fuji that has an
    electronic viewfinder, it is disgusting and should be put in the bin.

    Pete D, Mar 27, 2005