    a virus scan came up clean. "Dr Watson" shows nothing wrong.

    Any ideas anyone?

    Nemo

    nemo, Aug 6, 2003

  2. nemo

    °Mike° Guest

    °Mike°, Aug 6, 2003

  3. nemo

    nemo Guest

    Thanks, but that isn't it - at least it doesn't look look it. And the
    Registry key:

    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main

    - they tell you to remove isn't there anyway. Or perhaps that's the
    trouble.

    I've just checked Windows Explorer. The Folders pane is OK. It's the pane on
    the right that goes blank if I select View > Details. All the other view
    options are OK and the files show.

    It's the same with folder windows. When I open a folder and select view >
    details, I get an empty folder window with just a scroll bar and nothing
    else.

    And there's still the puzzle as to where the Right Click > New . . .
    options went. I think they're stored somewhere in the Registry too.

    I've got a nasty feeling I'm going to have to re-install the OS.

    Nemo

    nemo, Aug 6, 2003
  4. nemo

    °Mike° Guest

    Restore your registry from DOS - *not* a DOS window. Reboot
    and hold the CTRL key after the BIOS POST. From the DOS
    menu, select Command Prompt Only. At the prompt, type:

    scanreg /restore

    Choose a date prior to your problem.

    <snip>

    °Mike°, Aug 6, 2003