    just wipe the old OS off this partition then install new OS to it?

    Regards,
    Snuffy

    Mark Patterson, Feb 3, 2004

  2. Mark Patterson

    da_sly_1 Guest

    If there is not a reason that you would want to keep windows 98 I
    would sugest you do a clean install but yes you can partion and then
    re-install.

    If you need win98 and XP on the machine, consider installing on two
    seperate hard drives.

    You have the option to refomat the drive during the installtion
    process by the way.

    good luck

    Sly

    Pinch, punch 1st of the month...

    da_sly_1, Feb 3, 2004

  3. Mark Patterson

    Peruser Guest

    Is it worth the effort? My concern is having to set all my options and
    preferences again.
    I have also read, somewhere that existing peripherals will not always work.
    This will be the first OS upgrade I am planning to attempt.
    Thanks for any suggestions, comments and even flames, if they are
    constructive.

    Peruser, Feb 3, 2004