    have no options listed so cannot change to anything. I know it used to be
    Outlook Express there but now it's gone and left me with a total blank.

    Can you help?

    lulu, Nov 4, 2003

  2. lulu

    Liz Guest

    To make Outlook Express as the Default Mail Client:
    Double-click My Computer> Tools> Folder Options> File Types>
    select URL:Mailto Protocol> Advanced button> Open command>
    Edit button, examine/modify the "Application used to perform action"
    box so it has the following value:

    "C:\PROGRAM FILES\OUTLOOK EXPRESS\MSIMN.EXE" /mailurl:%1

    OK, OK, Close.

    Liz, Nov 4, 2003

  3. lulu

    °Mike° Guest

    Type the following into Start / Run (including quotes):

    "C:\Program Files\Outlook Express\msimn.exe" /reg

    °Mike°, Nov 4, 2003
  4. lulu

    lulu Guest

    OH......Thanks a million! You are a star!!

    lulu, Nov 4, 2003
  5. lulu

    lulu Guest

    Thanks a lot, Liz. You are a star!!

    lulu, Nov 4, 2003
  6. lulu

    °Mike° Guest

    You're welcome.

    °Mike°, Nov 4, 2003
  7. lulu

    Petit Alexi Guest

    Sounds almost ideal behaviour, now all you need is Pegasus, or Eudora, or
    (insert name of any one of about a gazillion better email clients here) and
    your machine will be more secure and better for the internet.

    Petit Alexi, Nov 5, 2003