    hard drive and how do transfer them. Are they in the old systems
    registry? I am using Outlook XP

    thanks

    Rocky, Nov 21, 2003

  2. Rocky

    °Mike° Guest

    °Mike°, Nov 21, 2003

  3. Rocky

    Rocky Guest

    Thanks but this still does not transfer Account Settings it only
    transfers the emails and folders. I still need to get access to my
    account settings. I can not boot the drive that has the information
    and therefore cannot run the old Outlook XP that has the settings. I
    need to know where it is stored and how to put all the account
    settings back in the newly installed Outlook XP. I can access any part
    of the old drive I just can no longer run the old install of Outlook
    XP.

    Help

    Rocky, Nov 22, 2003
  4. Rocky

    °Mike° Guest

    Sorry, I'm not an Outlook user, so I don't know what you
    mean by "account settings".

    °Mike°, Nov 22, 2003
  5. Rocky

    Rocky Guest

    It's the same as any other e-mail program such as Outlook Express. It
    is the settings for how to connect to and log on to the e-mail
    server. Things like server name for incoming and outgoing, user name
    and password, etc.

    Rocky, Nov 22, 2003
  6. Rocky

    °Mike° Guest

    Those settings are not stored on a file, they are stored
    in the registry.

    °Mike°, Nov 22, 2003
  7. Rocky

    Rocky Guest

    Thanks. Any idea where in the registry? Also how does one view and or
    open a registry on a partition other than the one which is currently
    running the operating system. Regedit seems to only want to open the
    registry for the actively running operating system.

    Thanks

    Rocky, Nov 22, 2003
  8. Rocky

    °Mike° Guest

    You can't view an old registry on another partition. You can
    extract registry entries from DOS in Windows 9x/ME, but I do
    not know if this is possible in XP, as it doesn't have DOS.

    °Mike°, Nov 22, 2003