Help- Transfer Address Book and Mail Folders

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by WeeWilly, Oct 22, 2003.

  1. WeeWilly

    WeeWilly Guest

    I know this has been discussed before but still need help.. probably a bit
    more explicit.

    I have XP and OE6 and have four different Identities: Bill/Barb/Joe/Jan

    Bill, Barb are on my twisted pair ISP and Joe, Jan are on my new DSL ISP. I
    will be keeping the old ISP until I can fully migrate to my new DSL account.
    However, once the old is no longer needed I want to delete Bill, Barb
    completely.

    Bill, Barb have a lot of saved messages that are important to keep.
    I've been unsuccessful in exporting/importing those messages and need as
    detaliled a description as possible.. No assumptions made about my
    capabilities. I've looked in the Help and it was kinda greek.

    I did a search for my address book (*.wab) and found it in:
    c:/documents and settings/bill/application data/microsoft/address book

    However, when I go to find it by moving up the tree.. I can go to c |
    documents and settings | bill | and it stops there.. there is no folder
    called application data under 'bill'.
    My intention was to copy and rename the file:
    c/documents and settings/joe/application data/microsoft/addressbook and see
    if that worked...

    So, I need your help.. Thanks

    WeeWilly, Oct 22, 2003

  2. WeeWilly

    °Mike° Guest

    °Mike°, Oct 22, 2003

  3. WeeWilly

    Liz Guest

    On WindowsXP, *.wab and *.dbx files are by default
    marked as hidden. To view these files, in Folder Options>
    View tab> enable Show Hidden Files and Folders.
    http://insideoe.tomsterdam.com/files/wab.htm

    Backup your mail folders
    http://insideoe.tomsterdam.com/backup/simple.htm

    Liz, Oct 22, 2003