help! suddenly can't find firewire hard disk

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Joe Hill, Jun 21, 2003.

  1. Joe Hill

    Joe Hill Guest

    Hi. My problem suddenly won't see my external Maxtor 120G hard drive,
    firewire interface, NTFS.

    the system: Win 2K Pro, 1G RAM, MSI mobo, Duron 950 Mhz

    The external drive doesn't show up in Explorer.

    I've tried connecting it to my Toshiba 8100 via a firewire PCMCIA card -
    same problem.

    W2K sees the firewire card and says it's working properly.

    Administrative Tools/Computer Management/Disk Management doesn't see the
    drive.

    When I use Norton Win Doctor 2003, it asks if I'm having trouble with that
    drive, and tries to find a DOS partition. It takes about 4 hours going
    through the heads and cylinders and doesn't find anything.

    GetBackData NTFS doesn't find a disk there either.

    Any suggestions from the disk gods out there?

    JH

    Joe Hill, Jun 21, 2003

  2. "Quit the smart-ass comments" they said, so I forgot all about doing an
    intro and listened as MM3NDH said
    Please quote.

    He who doth Slump a lot, Jun 21, 2003

  3. Joe Hill

    pcbutts1 Guest

    pcbutts1, Jun 21, 2003
  4. Joe Hill

    Joe Hill Guest

    Thanks . . . any suggestions for how to revive it, or is it a total loss?

    JH

    Joe Hill, Jun 22, 2003
  5. Joe Hill

    Barry OGrady Guest

    Barry OGrady, Jun 22, 2003
  6. Joe Hill

    iceman Guest

    scuse me,whats firewire?

    iceman, Jun 23, 2003
  7. Joe Hill

    trout Guest

    trout, Jun 23, 2003
  8. Joe Hill

    VanguardLH Guest

    Barry OGrady replies to Joe's post dated 21-Jun-2003:

    <Barry didn't quote any of the original content to provide context>
    Oh yeah, I'm sure Joe is still monitoring that 7 YEAR OLD thread. Sure.
    Newsgroups must take a long time to propagate to the outback.

    VanguardLH, Sep 1, 2010