    Is this overprotective AVG or a problem with Firefox? Any ideas?
    Please advise?

    cya Ó¿Ó¬

    Someone, Aug 13, 2004

  2. On Thu, 12 Aug 2004 23:48:19 GMT, Someone wrote in

    > Hi,
    >
    > Has anybody come across the following problem?
    >
    > AVG Free Edition (Virus Database: 491 Release Date: 11th
    > August, 2004) reports that the computer could be infected
    > by a virus - JS/Fortnight in
    > \Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\Default.A4E\Bookmarks.html
    >
    > I've deleted the Bookmarks.html and set it up again but the
    > same problem occurs. I've used several anti virus and
    > malware programs which report nothing there to worry about.
    >
    > Is this overprotective AVG or a problem with Firefox? Any
    > ideas? Please advise?

    I use AVG and have the same definitions file as you. I've not
    experienced any problem. (Tried, and couldn't duplicate what
    you're experiencing. Running w2k.)

    Flatus

    Flatus Ohlfahrt, Aug 13, 2004

  3. Someone

    Someone Guest

    On 13 Aug 2004 00:13:15 GMT, Flatus Ohlfahrt
    <> wrote:

    >On Thu, 12 Aug 2004 23:48:19 GMT, Someone wrote in
    >
    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> Has anybody come across the following problem?
    >>
    >> AVG Free Edition (Virus Database: 491 Release Date: 11th
    >> August, 2004) reports that the computer could be infected
    >> by a virus - JS/Fortnight in
    >> \Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\Default.A4E\Bookmarks.html
    >>
    >> I've deleted the Bookmarks.html and set it up again but the
    >> same problem occurs. I've used several anti virus and
    >> malware programs which report nothing there to worry about.
    >>
    >> Is this overprotective AVG or a problem with Firefox? Any
    >> ideas? Please advise?
    >>

    >I use AVG and have the same definitions file as you. I've not
    >experienced any problem. (Tried, and couldn't duplicate what
    >you're experiencing. Running w2k.)
    >
    >Flatus

    As a follow up to this strange little problem, I've discovered that
    if I un select the "Check Macro Viruses" then I don't get AVG telling
    me there's a problem with JS/Fortnight. (Running Window$ 98)

    cya
    Confused Ó¿Ó¬

    Someone, Aug 17, 2004