    laptop instead of just running software and bypassing plug in while
    installing then unplug and plug back in to desktop. Thanks for any help
    given.

    Guest, Oct 23, 2006

  2. Guest

    Malke Guest

    Here we go again. Please give the exact model of the HP and exactly how
    it connects to the network. You keep calling it a "network printer" but
    that may be misleading. All this talk of "plug in" doesn't make any
    sense so let's start with the basics.

    Also see my answer to your previous post. Do everyone a favor and set up
    a newsreader.

    Malke

    Malke, Oct 23, 2006

  3. Guest

    Guest Guest

    HI Malke

    After today I think my computer days should come to an end.

    I have tried all day to get outlook express with no such luck and caused
    other problems. so will still work on getting the newsreader. Thanks for the
    suggestion.

    My HP Printer is a PSC 1350 and it is hooked up to my desktop computer.

    I'm using a NETGEAR router for my wireless internet connection with my laptop.

    I followed you instructions from my original post and installed the printer
    software on my laptop except when it came to the point of plugging the
    printer into the usb port, I check the box continue installation without
    device. The printer worked from the laptop just fine until I turned it off
    for the night and the next morning it wouldn't work kept getting the message
    print spooler service not running so I uninstalled printer from both desktop
    and laptop and reinstalled and the printer worked once again until I turn the
    laptop off again. The desktop is never turned off so it and printer was on
    when I attempted to print from laptop with the same message about print
    spooler svc not running. I also tried the cmd net spooler start and then net
    spooler stop and net spooler start each gave a message sucessfully start and
    stop but when I attempted to print again I still got the same message.

    Guest, Oct 24, 2006
  4. Guest

    Malke Guest

    (snip)

    I have to tell you that it isn't clear to me what you are doing and why
    you are having such a hard time. However, apparently the PSC 1350 can
    be connected via ethernet to your network. You should do this. If you
    don't have an extra ethernet cable (or one didn't come with the
    printer), go buy one. You will follow the instructions in the link
    below and connect the printer directly to the Netgear router. This will
    make the printer a true network printer and you will not need to worry
    about sharing or a local connection.

    Changing the HP All-in-One from USB to Network
    http://tinyurl.com/ymge29

    If you can't do this, have a local professional come on-site and set you
    up. This will not be someone from whatever BigStoreUSA you have in your
    area.

    Malke

    Malke, Oct 24, 2006
  5. Guest

    Patty Guest

    In any case, whether the printer is networked through the network cable or
    shared from another computer, the printer needs to be installed as a
    "network" printer not as a "local" printer from any computer it is not
    directly attached to. So, in the instance where the printer is directly
    connected to your desktop, it is installed as a local printer on the
    desktop. On the laptop it is installed as a network printer.

    If you buy a network cable and attach the printer to your router, then it
    needs to be installed as a network printer on all computers.

    Run the "Add Printer Wizard" on the laptop and see if it installs better
    that way than running the executable printer install from HP. Choose
    Network Printer and browse for it on the network.

    Patty

    Patty, Oct 24, 2006