Help! Search Results Look Different/Are Inacurate/Have No Web Sites at the Bottom?

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Dee, Aug 4, 2003.

  1. Dee

    Dee Guest

    I use google several times a day to seach for various things. It
    is/was my favorite search engine. Suddenly, I was searching for a
    Vacuum and put in the words "Eureka Vacuum". After an unusually long
    period of time, I got a results page that looked different. After
    each entry it did not have the normal www.blahblahblah.com after it.
    And, it searched with businesses in an area a thousand miles away from
    me. I also get Pop ups and google normally does not have Pop ups.
    They are related to vacuums. I have tried over a hundred times, to no
    avail. Now I have to use the MSN search engine. This only happens
    with my Google. The logical result would have been www.eureka.com
    But all I got were wierd business that have something to do with
    vacuums, but like a "B" list. NOw, if I click on one and the page
    opens then I go back to Google, the normal Google page will come up
    with the first result being www.eureka.com I swear I am on candid
    camera or something. I even reinstalled my Windows 2000 and ran spy
    war to see it anything was wrong, but it is still doing it. Google's
    preferences are very limited, so I can fix anything there. I hope I
    am making sense. This is so bazaar!!! I need help.

    Thanks...
    Dee

    Dee, Aug 4, 2003

  2. Dee

    °Mike° Guest

    °Mike°, Aug 4, 2003

  3. Dee

    trout Guest

    It sounds like you're being re-directed. Next time you do a Google
    search, look carefully at what's being displayed in the address bar. And
    try the free programs that Boomer mentioned.

    trout, Aug 4, 2003