Help requested in resize problem.

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by JPC, Dec 29, 2004.

  1. JPC

    JPC Guest

    Hi,
    I have a set of pictures of a very long wall.
    Each picture has been taken using different focal length and from different
    distances, so that in the various pictures the height of the wall can vary
    considerably.
    I need all the picture to be the same height, because I want to stick them
    in order to obtain a sort of long picture of the wall.

    Is there a method, a program, an utility in PS, or...? to automatically
    resize a picture to make the height
    of the wall equal to the height of the same wall contained in another
    picture?
    I'd like to have the possibility to draw a line representing the height of
    the wall in the first picture, then to draw a second line in the second
    picture, and then the "Hypothetical Program" should resize the second
    picture to make the two lines of the same length.

    thanks in advance.
    JPC

    JPC, Dec 29, 2004

  2. JPC wrote:

    > Hi,
    > I have a set of pictures of a very long wall.
    > Each picture has been taken using different focal length and from different
    > distances, so that in the various pictures the height of the wall can vary
    > considerably.
    > I need all the picture to be the same height, because I want to stick them
    > in order to obtain a sort of long picture of the wall.
    >
    > Is there a method, a program, an utility in PS, or...? to automatically
    > resize a picture to make the height
    > of the wall equal to the height of the same wall contained in another
    > picture?
    > I'd like to have the possibility to draw a line representing the height of
    > the wall in the first picture, then to draw a second line in the second
    > picture, and then the "Hypothetical Program" should resize the second
    > picture to make the two lines of the same length.

    Nothing that automatic for non-military use that I know of. The
    following presupposed PS CS:

    But, you can get a start on doing it yourself. Try this: select all the
    wall pix, and open them. Go to automate-> Photomerge. It probably won't
    stitch together any of them, but it will provide a canvas that will make
    it easy to resize manually, which you will have to do. Be sure to check
    "keep as layers".

    Good luck.

    --
    John Mcwilliams

    John McWilliams, Dec 29, 2004

  3. JPC

    tomcas Guest

    JPC wrote:
    > Hi,
    > I have a set of pictures of a very long wall.
    > Each picture has been taken using different focal length and from different
    > distances, so that in the various pictures the height of the wall can vary
    > considerably.
    > I need all the picture to be the same height, because I want to stick them
    > in order to obtain a sort of long picture of the wall.
    >
    > Is there a method, a program, an utility in PS, or...? to automatically
    > resize a picture to make the height
    > of the wall equal to the height of the same wall contained in another
    > picture?
    > I'd like to have the possibility to draw a line representing the height of
    > the wall in the first picture, then to draw a second line in the second
    > picture, and then the "Hypothetical Program" should resize the second
    > picture to make the two lines of the same length.
    >
    > thanks in advance.
    > JPC

    Irfanview has batch resizing.
    http://www.irfanview.com/

    tomcas, Dec 29, 2004
  4. tomcas wrote:

    > JPC wrote:
    >
    >> Hi,
    >> I have a set of pictures of a very long wall.
    >> Each picture has been taken using different focal length and from
    >> different
    >> distances, so that in the various pictures the height of the wall can
    >> vary
    >> considerably.
    >> I need all the picture to be the same height, because I want to stick
    >> them
    >> in order to obtain a sort of long picture of the wall.
    >>
    >> Is there a method, a program, an utility in PS, or...? to automatically
    >> resize a picture to make the height
    >> of the wall equal to the height of the same wall contained in another
    >> picture?
    >> I'd like to have the possibility to draw a line representing the
    >> height of
    >> the wall in the first picture, then to draw a second line in the second
    >> picture, and then the "Hypothetical Program" should resize the second
    >> picture to make the two lines of the same length.
    >>
    >> thanks in advance.
    >> JPC
    >>

    > Irfanview has batch resizing.
    > http://www.irfanview.com/

    This is way more than resizing the image. Are you sure Irfanview is
    automated in the way JPC asks?

    --
    John McWilliams

    John McWilliams, Dec 29, 2004
  5. JPC

    JPC Guest

    JPC, Dec 30, 2004
  6. JPC wrote:

    >>>Irfanview has batch resizing.
    >>>http://www.irfanview.com/

    > I downloaded it but it does not do what I need.

    What I suspected.

    If you have Photoshop CS, you can try the method I outlined earlier.

    Good luck.

    --
    John McWilliams

    John McWilliams, Dec 30, 2004
  7. JPC

    Big Bill Guest

    On Wed, 29 Dec 2004 19:14:35 +0100, "JPC" <> wrote:

    >Hi,
    >I have a set of pictures of a very long wall.
    >Each picture has been taken using different focal length and from different
    >distances, so that in the various pictures the height of the wall can vary
    >considerably.
    >I need all the picture to be the same height, because I want to stick them
    >in order to obtain a sort of long picture of the wall.
    >
    >Is there a method, a program, an utility in PS, or...? to automatically
    >resize a picture to make the height
    >of the wall equal to the height of the same wall contained in another
    >picture?
    >I'd like to have the possibility to draw a line representing the height of
    >the wall in the first picture, then to draw a second line in the second
    >picture, and then the "Hypothetical Program" should resize the second
    >picture to make the two lines of the same length.
    >
    >thanks in advance.
    >JPC

    Most panorama apps will do this.
    After you make the pano, chop it up as you desire.
    Or will this not work?

    --
    Bill Funk
    Change "g" to "a"