Help requested in finding dangerous Helensville area driver

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Dan Santoro, Jun 30, 2003.

  1. Dan Santoro

    Dan Santoro Guest

    Hello everyone. I realize that crossposting is a no-no, but
    please bear with me as I try to rid NZ of an extremely
    dangerous driver who nearly cost 3 lives (inc. myself).

    On Weds night June 4 I was traveling on Route 16 from
    Auckland airport thru Helensville and on to the South Head
    harbor area when I began being followed closely and harassed
    by a white mid 1990's auto (possibly Honda or Nissan) with
    the license

    R O S K 0 (zero)

    This car followed me for approx. 25 km from Kumeu onto the
    roundabout at Helensville and then into the South Head area.
    When I attempted an evasive turn and started heading back
    towards the roundabout area for help, I was run off the road
    to the right, into the path of an on coming car of 2
    pensioneers.

    "Roscoe" slowed to look at the accident and then took off
    never to be seen again. The elderly couple was taken to
    auckland Hospital where the husband had facial/neck cuts and
    the wife suffered internal injuries. I bruised my sternum,
    but was able to get to a phone for help. Fortunately, we
    have all survived, but the couple is now without a car and
    the wife is at home convalescing.

    If anyone has any information on who this clown in ROSK0
    is/was or the collision's aftermath, please contact me
    directly thru my above e-mail or Constable Chris Jujnovich
    of the NZ Police/Helensville barracks at 0-9-420-8967.

    Thank you much........

    Dan in Florida USA

    Dan Santoro, Jun 30, 2003

  2. go to a post shop and get a "Change of Ownership" form, register ROSC0 in
    your name then go "re-posess" it :)

    Russell Smithies, Jun 30, 2003

  3. go to a post shop and get a "Change of Ownership" form, register ROSC0 in
    your name then go "re-posess" it :)

    Russell Smithies, Jun 30, 2003
  4.
    Master Tech ©, Jun 30, 2003
  5. I live out South Head and have seen that number plate several times.
    If you can't find who is (ir)responsible for it, I might be able to
    ask around.

    Bruce Simpson, Jun 30, 2003
  6. Surely the relevant NZ authorities can easily do a computer look-up on
    the above details to find who it's registered to.....?

    David,
    Sydney NSW Australia.

    David Springthorpe, Jun 30, 2003
  7. Dan Santoro

    m00se Guest

    Yes they can, how else would speed camera tickets get to the car owner?

    Somebodys trolling for something.

    m00se, Jun 30, 2003
  8. Dan Santoro

    Gordon Smith Guest

    <snip>

    The Police investigate all injury accidents.
    A simple QVR will give them the registered owner's details.

    Gordon Smith, Jun 30, 2003

  9. Why its a Police matter leave well alone.

    Master Tech ©, Jun 30, 2003
  10. Dan Santoro

    T.N.O. Guest

    Dan Santoro wrote

    It costs $25 to findout who the resistered owner of a car is, all you
    need is the Number plate.

    Im assuming that it would be even easier with a personalised plate
    such as ROSK0

    T.N.O., Jun 30, 2003
  11. Dan Santoro

    colinco Guest

    Assuming that the plate is real.
    In Wellington several years ago there was a white Holden Ute that the
    police were looking for that didn't exist as far as the system was
    concerned.

    colinco, Jun 30, 2003
  12. Actually, I remember who that plate belongs to -- and I find it hard
    to believe they'd act in an irresponsible manner. I've known them for
    12 years and they're straight as a die.

    No, I'm not telling. The cops will have no problem identifying the
    owner, in fact it's quite likely they won't even need to use the
    computer, the owner is well known in the district.

    Bruce Simpson, Jun 30, 2003
  13. Dan Santoro

    Bobs Guest

    Dan has been a regular at rec.sport.rugby.union for years. He isn't a
    troll you obnoxious turd.

    --
    It is the soldier, not the reporter, who has given us the freedom of the
    press.

    It is the soldier, not the poet, who has given us the freedom of speech.

    It is the soldier, not the campus organizer, who gives us the freedom to
    demonstrate.

    It is the soldier who salutes the flag, who serves beneath the flag, and
    whose coffin is draped by the flag, who allows the protester to burn the
    flag

    Bobs, Jun 30, 2003
  14. Dan Santoro

    T-Boy Guest

    Case dissmissed! - just like that :)

    T-Boy, Jun 30, 2003
  15. Dan Santoro

    Dan Santoro Guest

    Agreed to the second part......I'm just making everyone aware that this
    clown exists......

    Dan Santoro, Jun 30, 2003
  16. Dan Santoro

    Dan Santoro Guest

    Of course he/they can....I'm making others aware of the bastard......

    Dan Santoro, Jun 30, 2003
  17. Dan Santoro

    Dan Santoro Guest

    No, I'm not.......care for the police event #?

    Dan Santoro, Jun 30, 2003
  18. Dan Santoro

    Dan Santoro Guest

    If you're serious about finding him (the cops won't release the name to
    the public) I'll get you in touch w/the family on Shelly Beach that I
    hit.....

    The accident took place in front of 940 South Head Rd

    Thanks! Dan

    Dan Santoro, Jun 30, 2003
  19. Dan Santoro

    Dan Santoro Guest

    True....see above responses re inability to release name to public

    Dan Santoro, Jun 30, 2003
  20. Dan Santoro

    Dan Santoro Guest

    Thanxxx Bobsey.........I've no ill will against any Kiwis except this
    schmuck..........

    Dan Santoro, Jun 30, 2003