    on a CD and play.

    Thanks

    John S

    John S, Jun 24, 2010

  2. John S

    Malcolm Guest

    What about here?
    http://new.music.yahoo.com/gracie-fields/
    Convert the you-tube to just mp3?

    Malcolm, Jun 24, 2010

  3. John S

    J.Wilson Guest

    Youtube

    J.Wilson, Jun 24, 2010
  4. John S

    WD Guest

    Sorry to hear about your mother, I hope the following instructions
    help. These instructions are really simpler than they look and they
    are step-by-step and at the end you will have an Mp3 file which I
    presume you know how to use.

    The song you are after appears to be available as a torrent file.
    Torrent files are very small files that connect your computer to a
    tracker that in turn connects you to other computers around the world
    which have the files you want. However, in order to open torrent
    files you need a special application. Vuze is one such application.
    You can obtain Vuze from www.vuze.com or you can download their free
    installer directly from:

    http://hwcdn01.vuze.com/files/Vuze_Installer.exe

    After you download and install this application on your computer any
    torrent files you download will be opened within the Vuze application
    which will then use those torrent files to connect to other computers
    to obtain the files you want. So what are torrent files and where do
    you get them?

    Torrent files are small files that relate to a specific file or set of
    files. For instance, if you want to download a song there may be a
    torrent specifically relating to that song. There may be multiple
    torrents relating to the same song. Or there may be a torrent that
    includes the entire album, or even a torrent that has every song ever
    made by the artist.

    In order to get the torrent file you want there are search engines
    available which allow you to search for different torrents based on
    song title, artist or whatever. You may have heard of "The Pirate
    Bay". The pirate bay is one such search engine. Another is Isohunt.
    In this case I seem to have located the artist you want using
    Isohunt. You can visit isohunt at:

    www.isohunt.com

    I searched 'Gracie Fields' at Isohunt and came up with several search
    results. But what search result do you use? I chose a torrent titled
    "1930's rare and popular music (3 of 6)". This torrent includes a
    large amount of files (over a gigabyte) and among them is about 100
    songs by Gracie Fields including the song Sally, a live version of
    Sally and a medley version. For this specific torrent go to:

    http://isohunt.com/torrent_details/28153895/Gracie+Fields?tab=summary

    This is an Isohunt page describing the contents of the torrent file
    and is not the torrent file itself. To download the torrent click the
    link near the top of the page which says "Download .torrent". A
    dialog box should open and if Vuze is already installed when you open
    the file it should open in Vuze automatically.

    Once the torrent file is opened in Vuze it will start downloading the
    contents of the torrent. Since you probably don't want an entire
    gigabyte of music and you only want one song, right click on the
    torrent in Vuze and select "Show details". From here it will open
    several tabs which contain details about the torrent you are
    downloading. There should be a tab called "Files". This tab lists
    all the files contained in the torrent. Click on this tab. Select
    all the files under this tab by holding Ctrl+A. Right-click and
    select 'priority' and then select "Do not download" (or something like
    that). This will stop Vuze from downloading any of the files in the
    torrent. Then scroll down under the files tab until you find the
    Gracie Fields song you want. Right click on the song and then select
    "priority" and then "high". This will start Vuze downloading only
    that file.

    Once the download is complete it will be saved to your Vuze
    directory. On Vista it is usually something like C:\Users
    \Administrator\Documents\Vuze Downloads\

    If you have any trouble following these instructions or get stuck
    along the way ask a followup question and I'll try to help if I can.

    Just some notes on privacy and security. Bittorent is not anonymous
    so if you were to download a copyrighted movie which is just out at
    the cinemas someone may be recording your activity. But rest assured
    it is extremely unlikely that any record company is looking for people
    downloading Gracie Fields especially if it is no longer protected
    under copyright. As for security like anything on the internet
    torrents could contain viruses. The Isohunt link I gave you looks
    reliable to me, but you should still ensure you have up-to-date anti-
    virus installed.

    Oh and btw, don't use bittorent to download copyrighted works because
    that is bad and very very naughty. :)

    Cheers,

    Weihana.

    WD, Jun 24, 2010
  5. John S

    Matty F Guest

    There are at least 10 versions here:
    http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=Gracie+Fields+Sally

    Pick one of them and then learn how to download it.
    e.g. Google for Youtube Downloader.

    Matty F, Jun 24, 2010
  6. John S

    whoops Guest

    John, I have 3 x mp3 versions of this song

    1. Gracie Fields - Sally 1934 (live) 128kbps 2.86 MB
    2. Gracie Fields - Sally [medley] 1932 128kbps 3.71 MB
    3. Gracie Fields - Sally 1931 128kbps 2.86 MB

    am happy to e-mail them to you
    cheers

    Whoops

    whoops, Jun 24, 2010
  7. John S

    John S Guest

    SNIPPED - lots of very detailed information on how to set up to download
    files via torrent.
    Very many thanks for all the trouble you took to provide this explanation
    for me. It won't be wasted, as I will later experiment with using the
    methods you have explained.

    Right now though, another poster has offered to email me what I'm after and
    I'm taking the easy way out and accepting. Time for me is precious at the
    moment, so I'm not spending any more time at the computer that necessary.

    Once again, my grateful thanks.

    John S

    John S, Jun 25, 2010
  8. John S

    John S Guest

    That would be marvellous.

    my email can be constructed:-

    domain is gmail.com

    and I'm oakeny at that domain.

    Thanks indeed.

    Regards,

    John S

    John S, Jun 25, 2010
  9. John S

    John S Guest

    Just want to say thanks to all who replied and tried to help.

    Never thought of youtube as I don't use it (old dog - new tricks)!

    I've accepted the offer of "Whoops" to email me the files - the easy way
    out which I much appreciate, but I will look into youtube and try to
    educate my self in its mysteries.

    Cheers,

    John S

    John S, Jun 25, 2010