    Gordon Guest

    Error messages? Steps taken? Sorry, crystal ball's all fogged up at the
    moment......

    Gordon, Feb 26, 2005

  2. Gordon

    Fiona Little Guest

    Emails lost through outlook archiving and can't access pst file.

    Please help

    Fiona Little, Feb 26, 2005

  3. Gordon

    DEFIANT1 Guest

    Not sure if this will hep as you haven't really given much info.......

    Outlook normally has a defualt location for *.pst files. This may sound
    stupid but have you saved said *.pst file to another location?

    Also what version of Outlook are you running?

    DEFIANT1, Feb 26, 2005
  4. Gordon

    Fiona Little Guest

    more details as requested - emails seem to vanish after about 2 weeks and
    seem to be auto archived - but where are they going? and how do I
    access/open them once they have been turned into .pst files. I am using XP
    and Office 2000 professional. The 'help
    'files in the computer and online are limited and do not detail on programme
    to open the .pst files.

    Fiona Little, Feb 26, 2005
  5. Gordon

    jda^fx Guest

    Go to Import/export in the Files menu. Then you will get a guide
    where you can choose import from another program or file and then
    get to browse to the .pst file in question. And maybe you should
    just turn the autoarchive function off.

    jda^fx, Feb 26, 2005
  6. Gordon

    Gordon Guest

    no do NOT import/export! It loses received dates amongst other things.
    Just go to File-Open-Outlook Data File instead

    Gordon, Feb 26, 2005
  7. Gordon

    old man Guest

    Outlook stores all mail in *.pst files.
    If, within OL, you select a folder eg 'Inbox' rt.click for properties and
    select Archive tab you will see the path to your archive file.
    Once located, within OL, File/Open/pst file and browse to the location.
    Do not import!
    Having said that unless someone altered the default for archive properties
    its highly unlikely that your folders will be archived after only 2 weeks.
    Have you checked the 'Views' for your folders?

    old man, Feb 26, 2005