Help re-install Matrox G400 Driver

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Ch. Rajinder Nijjhar Jatt, Dec 31, 2003.

  1. Happy New Year to all,

    Hi,

    Sometimes ago my CD-Rom drivers were corrupted and so I cannot use the
    CD-ROMs for re-installing any programme.

    Now, when I start my computer, first of all I have to press F1 key and
    then abort to start the computer.

    The screen comes white with a warning that the screen display is not
    right. So, I click right mouse button for properties and then select
    screen some thing different and then the right one and Apply button.
    Then the white screen changes to the normal cloud pattern.

    I use Win98SE and have Matrox G400 programme.

    Now, if I want to download the newest version of drivers, then I am told
    to uninstall the previous version from the add/remove box. If I do
    that, do you think I can still run the computer and download the drivers
    from Internet web site of yours?

    My telephone is 0044 118 962 3200. I am new to computers.

    Rajinder

    Ch. Rajinder Nijjhar Jatt, Dec 31, 2003

  2. Ch. Rajinder Nijjhar Jatt

    Boomer Guest

    What's your home address? What other personal information would you
    like to share with the world?

    <boggles>

    Boomer, Dec 31, 2003

  3. Ch. Rajinder Nijjhar Jatt

    why? Guest

    ARGH!!!!

    This is not the Matrox support site, I would have thought you had at
    least figured that much out by now. This international public newsgroup
    is not affiliated with any ISP / service provider / company.

    At download, don't you mean at install time?
    In the display properties , settings you need to select the default VGA
    display, and select the default VGA mode, 640x480 16 colors, usually.

    Once this is done, the Matrox drives won't be locked as in - in use by
    the system.

    Run the new driver setup and this replaces the old driver files.
    You can set the display back to 640x480 maybe even 800x600 16 colors
    standard VGA before download ing drivers however it may be difficult to
    navigate the web site due to lower resolution and almost total lack of
    colors - used in links, buttons etc.
    Really, after all these posts over many months/year still new?
    Me

    why?, Dec 31, 2003
  4. Ch. Rajinder Nijjhar Jatt

    Boomer Guest

    He's an "fill in the blank" among other slight piracy issues he's
    posted here.

    ARGH!!!!

    [big snip]

    Wouldn't give him the time of the day!

    Boomer, Dec 31, 2003
  5. Ch. Rajinder Nijjhar Jatt

    Sano Guest

    Boot to the Safe Mode and go to Device Manager. My Computer icon> right
    click> Properties.

    Find the cd-rom (s) , delete them. Reboot. Windows will reinstall them on
    reboot.

    Um Yeah. You're probably not going to get any drivers *from that website
    of Yours* though, I don't have one.

    Do you think Matrox would give you instructions, and probably tell you to
    print them out, so they can crap-up your computer? <nevermind>

    When you remove video drivers, windows reverts to basic vga.drv . Reboot,
    then install the new drivers.

    Here's a small overview of vid cards and driver.

    http://www.pcguide.com/opt/opt/video.htm

    You're not new to computers mate. Where'd you get that idea?

    Sano, Dec 31, 2003
  6. Hi,

    Thanks every body for helping.

    Rajinder

    Ch. Rajinder Nijjhar Jatt, Dec 31, 2003
  7. Ch. Rajinder Nijjhar Jatt

    Sano Guest

    But you'd probably give 'im directions. <BEG> Hee hee hee

    Sano, Dec 31, 2003
  8. Ch. Rajinder Nijjhar Jatt

    Mara Guest

    I would.

    "But it wouldn't be to where _he'd_ want to go."

    Mara, Dec 31, 2003