    I dunno what mobo, proccesor and all that Jazz that I need!
    I'm looking for a pretty nasty PC build with PCI-E of course (2 slot mobo), I wanna be able to have multiple harddrive connections, this case can take like 8+ harddrives, so I'd want a power supply that can not only handle that, but several fans inside to cool off the PC (mayb 5 or something, since my PC is always on. I'd like to upgrade to 2 gig of ram if ever needed, 1 DVD-RW 1 CD-RW (Dont care if its a combo DVD+/-RW/CD/RW) good chiipset looking for somethin nasty that can handle gaming, and not only that but multi-tasking. I do programming, website work, hosting, games.. etc and I want a Processor clearly built for gaming, guys gotta have fun =], and one that can handle having several programs running, Adobe Photoshop, MS Outlook 2003, Firefox, iTunes, Globescape FTP, Putty, MSN, AIM, Yahoo, IE.. Usually this is what I have open most of the time I multi-task (Do a damn good job too! :D). My currently PC barely handles these and usually I closed a few programs before it has a giant meltdown. But I dont want to have to worry about that! If anyone could please help me...... I would LOVE THE HELP!

    Thankyou for even reading this if you don't help me out =]

    scar, May 2, 2006

  2. scar

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Australia
    Give us a sorta of Budget u wish to stick in between otherwise we will be listings stuff even a home loan wont pay for..

    By the case that u bought ur pretty much unlimited as to mobo, though u also have a pretty large amount of room for HDD's and or CD/DVD drives.

    And if you want to have 8+ HDD's and a SLi/Crossfire(Dual Video Cards) rig i would be looking at the 1kW Psu's from PC Power and Cooling. Because 8 HDD is going to pull a bit of juice. and then u have the Mobo and other stuff ontop of that.

    Also if u dont know how to build a Computer its best not to build something expensive at first.

    unholy, May 3, 2006

  3. scar

    The Modfather

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2005
    Messages:
    2,424
    Likes Received:
    0
    It doesn't matter really, if he has the money and he's got a little knowledge, expensive or not, shouldn't be hard and we can help ya.

    If money were no object, this would be the way I'd lay it out (and by the way, that's a cool looking case, never seen that one before).

    Mobo: Asus AN8 SLI Deluxe NForce 4
    Video: Dual NVidia GeForce 7900 GTX 512mb cards (BFG or another good name)
    Memory: 2GB if Corsair or OCZ memory, fast as you can get!
    HDD: A Raid array of 150gb WD Raptor drives (2 minimum)
    HDD: For extra storage umpfh, two 500gb WD Caviar drives.
    Sound: Soundblaster's new XFi Fatal1ty board.
    Processor: AMD 64FX processor
    Or if you're in the mood for dual core (it's a little slower but better for multitasking) get the Dual Core 4800+.
    Keyboard: Logitech G15
    Mouse: Logitech G7
    Display: Something large, like a 30" LCD. Dell or something, they have the higest marks on their high end LCD's right now.
    DVD: Plextor PX760A or Sony DRU-810A (get two so you can copy stuff easier)
    8-1 Multifunction card reader
    Xactmat mousing surface
    Epson Stylus Photo 2200 wide carriage printer (I've got it, love it)

    I have a lot of these parts myself except for the mobo and proc and my video is still last gen, 6800 Ultras in SLI, but it's good enough for now, I'll wait a gen or two to upgrade that stuff.

    The Modfather, May 3, 2006