    Can some kind soul suggest a solution?

    P.S. The users are not computer literate so Linux and alternative mail
    readers are not a solution.

    Seagull, Aug 6, 2006

  2. Seagull

    Mark Guest

    This should do the trick, thats a fairly common one;
    http://www.pchell.com/support/oepassword.shtml

    Cheers,

    Mark

    Mark, Aug 6, 2006

  3. Seagull

    EMB Guest

    You're not pressing escape at the login prompt when you start windows
    are you? If you are then the password will not be remembered.

    EMB, Aug 6, 2006
  4. Seagull

    Seagull Guest

    Thanks for the replies Mark and EMB but
    I do not find the protected storage provider section after I expand the
    Microsoft section in Regedit so I can not delete it.

    And I have not touched the escape key at the login prompt

    Seagull, Aug 6, 2006
  5. Seagull

    joe_90 Guest

    A quick Google found this -

    http://inetexplorer.mvps.org/answers/11.html

    The registry edit to enable password caching looks promising.

    joe_90, Aug 6, 2006
  6. Seagull

    Seagull Guest

    Thanks joe_90
    I tried that and unfortunately does not seem to have worked.

    Seagull, Aug 7, 2006