    Can someone give me a brief instructions on how to set it up?

    Thanks in advance!

    Sam

    Sam Wong, Jan 2, 2004

  2. Sam Wong

    Kurt Jaeger Guest

    Kurt Jaeger, Jan 2, 2004

  3. Sam Wong

    chris Guest

    Depends on how you plan on using it and what you want to talk to. I
    assume you don't already have Call Manager or a router/gateway to get
    to regular phone lines. Call Manager is intended for bigger
    installations.

    Look into Vonage, although they usually provide the equipment.

    Do you have other ATA-186s you want to communicate between? In that
    case, you probably want the SIP firmware and setup a gatekeeper on a
    router or a linux box.

    If you just have two, you could install the H323 software and just
    point the gateway entries at each other. For example, I have a dozen
    of these for alarm panels that all dial a central receiver so I point
    all of their h323 gateways at the receivers ata.

    I giess we need more details since what your boss asked is kinda like,
    "Here's a router - set it up somewhere."

    -Chris

    chris, Jan 2, 2004
  4. Sam Wong

    Sam Wong Guest

    Thanks gentlemen.

    We have another ATA186 in the indian office. What I think is to link
    up the two. Currently, the signaling image is the MGCP version and I
    would like to download another SI but can't found it on Cisco's
    website.

    http://www.cisco.com/pcgi-bin/tablebuild.pl/ata186

    Sam

    Sam Wong, Jan 5, 2004