    but i have no idea what smartdrv .. so i clicked continue setup without smartdrv i always make it up to here

    http://www.windowsreinstall.com/winxphome/installxpmsdos/Image5.gif

    and then it stops.......and nothing happens!!! i'am so new at this and i don't what to do. HELP! please!

    littlemisssunshine, Sep 8, 2006

  2. littlemisssunshine

    Billy

    Joined:
    Jul 20, 2006
    Messages:
    12
    Likes Received:
    0
    First just so I know some of the details, you say you formated your C drive and now are installing windows, how with a recovery partition, with a widows disk, with recovery CD's, if it is a disk, is it a legit copy of windows, last give me some info about your computer, (brand, speed, ram, and age of cd drive)
    That being said, with the info you have given, if I had to guess I'd say that either your copy of windows is scratched, or your CD drive is the culprate, even if a cd drive can read most cd's i've had problems with older drives installing windows, post the info and I'll know better

    Billy, Sep 13, 2006