    Any help / advice regarding getting the best from this lens would be
    highly appreciated.
    Mark

    WilsonMarkT, Dec 4, 2006

  2. WilsonMarkT

    ink Guest

    Mark,

    on Nikon bodies where you need to set the aperture on the body, you need to
    set the lens to the smallest aperture and lock, or the display will show an
    error message ("FEE", I think). On bodies, which don't support setting the
    aperture with the command/sub-command dial, you need to set it on the lens.

    Cheers,
    ink

    ink, Dec 4, 2006

  3. WilsonMarkT

    Roy G Guest

    Hi.

    On cameras with Auto Exposure, the lens should be locked at the smallest
    aperture.

    The camera automatics will then control the Aperture setting. Even when
    those cameras are set to "Manual" the camera body will still set the lens
    aperture according to what you set on the Camera controls.

    The unlocked settings are only for use on older bodies without Full Auto.

    Roy G

    Roy G, Dec 4, 2006
  4. WilsonMarkT

    tomm42 Guest

    Just set it to the lowest aperture and lock the camera will allow you
    to adjust the aperture via the front or sub command dial, this is for
    AF lenses only. D200's and I believe D2* camera allow you to release
    the apeture dial and use the lens as you would on a MF lens. The FEE
    error means the aperture ring came off the lowest setting. Most of your
    lenses must be of the G series?

    Tom

    tomm42, Dec 4, 2006
  5. WilsonMarkT

    WilsonMarkT Guest

    Thank's a lot - very useful comments

    WilsonMarkT, Dec 4, 2006
  6. WilsonMarkT

    joshua.ferry Guest

    joshua.ferry, Dec 4, 2006
  7. WilsonMarkT

    joshua18337 Guest

    Hey

    Try this site out, it worked well for me and I found my manual with
    out a problem

    http://www.theusermanualsite.com/

    good luck and have fun on your trip!

    JOSH